The New Jersey Devils host the Washington Capitals on Saturday at 1 p.m.
According to STATS:
- Washington defeated the Islanders, 3-2, at Verizon Center on Thursday night, snapping a two-game losing streak in the process. The Capitals are still the only team in hockey yet to lose three straight tilts this season.
- New Jersey lost, 3-2, in a shootout with the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre on Thursday night, taking at least one point for the sixth time in its last seven games (5-1-1 record). The Devils have dropped four straight shootouts (2-1 in first three shootouts of the season).
- The Caps won the first meeting of the season with the Devils, 5-3, at Verizon Center on October 10. Dating to December 6, 2014, Washington has defeated New Jersey four consecutive times by a combined score of 16-6.
- T.J. Oshie had a goal and a helper Thursday night, earning first-star accolades, and giving him five points (1g, 4a) during his current four-game scoring streak. Oshie has just one assist in six career skates vs. the Devils.
- David Schlemko had a goal and an assist Thursday night, recording his second multi-point game of the season, and giving him six points (2g, 4a) in his last five skates (nine points in first 39 games of 2015-16). Schlemko leads all New Jersey blueliners in both goals (6) and points (15) this season.
- Washington has been held without a power-play goal in three straight games (0-for-12 during streak). The Caps are 22-0-2 when netting at least one goal with the man-advantage this season (14-9-2 when scoring zero PPG).