The Devils' five-game win streak ends as the team lost to the Sabres 4-3 in overtime. New Jersey's win streak came on a homestand and couldn't close it out with a perfect 6-0, they'll have to settle for 5-1-0. << Box score
- 13:35 NJD Miles Wood; Assists: Pavel Zacha, Stefan Noesen
- 5:27 BUF Jacob Josefson; Assist: Jordan Nolan
- 8:34 NJD Marcus Johansson (PPG); Assists: Sami Vatanen, Nico Hischier
- 14:55 NJD John Moore; Assist: Brian Gibbons
- 18:05 BUF Jack Eichel; Assists: Zemgus Girgensons, Jake McCabe
- 11:04 BUF Jack Eichel (PPG); Assists: Rasmus Ristolainen, Kyle Okposo
- 2:37 BUF Rasmus Ristolainen; Unassisted
Recap: NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Rasmus Ristolainen scored 2:37 into overtime to give the Buffalo Sabres a 4-3 victory over New Jersey on Friday night, snapping the Devils' winning streak at five games.
Ristolainen bulled his way out of the corner in the New Jersey zone to beat Cory Schneider for his first goal of the season.
Jack Eichel scored twice, former Devil Jacob Josefson added a goal, and Robin Lehner stopped 35. Last in the Eastern Conference, the Sabres improved to 2-3-2 in their last seven games. They will head outdoors to face the New York Rangers on Monday at Citi Field, the home of baseball's New York Mets, in the Winter Classic. << Read more
Copyright 2017 by the Associated Press
Next game: The Devils travel to the nation's capital on Saturday to take on the Capitals at 7 p.m.