- 1:28 NJD Stefan Noesen; Assists: Pavel Zacha, Jacob Josefson
- 6:21 NJD Kyle Palmieri
- 18:03 DET Henrik Zetterberg; Assists: Gustav Nyquist, Anthony Mantha
- 19:26 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assists: Taylor Hall, Ben Lovejoy
- 10:30 NJD Adam Henrique
- 11:49 DET Tomas Tatar (PP); Assists: Niklas Kronwall, Darren Helm
- 15:18 DET Nick Jensen; Assists: Gustav Nyquist
Kyle Palmieri scored twice and Cory Schneider made 27 saves, helping the New Jersey Devils hold on for a 4-3 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night.
Stefan Noesen gave the Devils the lead on their first shot 1:28 into the game. Palmieri put New Jersey ahead 2-0 lead less than five minutes later and restored its two-goal advantage with 34 seconds left in the second period with the first of his team's two short-handed goals.
The Devils went up 3-1 midway through on Adam Henrique's short-handed goal. Detroit pulled within a score on goals from Tomas Tatar and Nick Jensen.
Detroit had an extra skater when Palmieri was called for interference with 2:16 left and pulled Jared Coreau about a minute later, but it couldn't take advantage of the opportunity to extend the game to overtime. >> Read more from SNY...
Next Game: The Devils welcome the Flames into town Thursday at 7:30 p.m. EST