The Devils (9-3-3) travel to Anaheim to face the Ducks (8-6-3) at 10 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Devils beat the Stars, 2-1, in overtime at AA Center on Tuesday night, winning their fifth straight game, and improving to 9-3-3 in 2016-17 -- their best start through 15 games since posting the same mark in 2012-13. The last time New Jersey had a longer single-season win streak was in 2011-12 (six games, March 27, 2012 -- April 7, 2012).
- Anaheim defeated Edmonton, 4-1, at Honda Center on Tuesday night, improving to 4-1-1 in their last six games overall. The Ducks have won three straight home games, scoring at least four times, and allowing exactly one goal in each contest.
- New Jersey beat Anaheim, 2-1, at Prudential Center in these clubs' first meeting of the season on October 18. The Ducks have won each of their last two home tilts against the Devils by a combined score of 12-2.
- Damon Severson lit the lamp Tuesday night, giving him three points (1g, 2a) in his last two skates, and 12 points total on the season -- tied with Taylor Hall for tops on the team. Severson has an assist in each of his last two games against the Ducks.
- Ryan Kesler potted his team-high seventh goal of the season Tuesday night, with five of those markers coming in his last five games. Kesler has seven points (4g, 3a) in his last six skates against the Devils.
- Anaheim is 7-0-0 when leading after two periods this season, but just 0-6-2 when trailing entering the third stanza. New Jersey is 3-1-1 when trailing after two periods in 2016-17 -- best in the NHL.
© 2016 by STATS.