The Devils (8-3-3) travel to Dallas to take on the Stars (6-6-4) on Tuesday night.
According to STATS:
- Each of the last six games between the Devils and Stars has been decided by one goal, with both teams winning three times. The teams faced off in the 2000 Stanley Cup Finals, with Dallas prevailing in six games.
- Dallas concluded a five-game road trip Sunday with a 5-4 overtime loss in Vancouver. The Stars have allowed multiple goals in all but one game this season (2-1 win over Nashville, Oct. 18), and their 3.44 goals allowed per game are the fifth most in the NHL.
- The Devils have won four in row, taking home-and-home matchups with both Carolina and Buffalo. The four wins have come despite going 0-for-16 on the power play over that span (0-for-20 in last five games).
- Taylor Hall and P.A. Parenteau are tied for the Devils' team lead with five goals. That's tied for the fewest goals by any NHL team's leader this season (with four other teams).
- Antoine Roussel has a career-long six-game point streak (3g, 5a), with a goal in each of the Stars' last three games. He had just one goal in his first 13 games this season, in the team's October 13 opener against Anaheim.
- With a three-assist game on Sunday, Tyler Seguin is now tied for the NHL lead in points (20) and tied for second with 13 assists. The only player in franchise history to lead the NHL in points in a season was Jamie Benn in 2014-15 (87).
© 2016 by STATS.