Who: Boston Bruins at New Jersey Devils
When: 7:30 p.m. ET; Pregame show at 7:00 p.m. ET
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Media: TV - NBC Sports Network; Radio - 970 AM
Stats & Notes (via Devils PR)
- New Jersey is looking to end a season-high seven game losing streak (0-3-4) tonight.
- The Devils lost 3-2 in the shootout at Buffalo Sunday night. Each of the three meetings between the Devils and Sabres went to the shootout, with the home team winning each time. New Jersey is 0-6 in the shootout on the road this year and 2-7 overall.
- The Devils closed-out their ninth of ten sets of back-to-back games Sunday. New Jersey is now 2-5-2 in first games and 3-4-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The Devils have out shot their opponent in 18 of the past 20 games.
- New Jersey’s penalty-kill unit is 28/31 (90.3%) over the past 12 games.
- New Jersey is 0-4-2 in its last six games vs. Boston (last win, 3-2, April 10, 2011).
- Last Thursday in Boston, the Devils were shut out for the first time this season & first time since March 13, 2012 at Philadelphia.
- Tonight’s game is the fourth of six straight against Northeast Division opponents. The Devils are 1-4-6 against the Northeast this season.
- Martin Brodeur (24 saves + 1/2 SO) took the loss Sunday. He has started nine consecutive games and is 2-3-4 with a 2.07 goals-against average & .903 save-percentage since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Steve Sullivan scored a power play goal Sunday in his second game since being re-acquired by the Devils on April 3. It was his first goal as a Devil since February 15, 1997 at Montreal.
- Mark Fayne scored his first career shorthanded goal Sunday at Buffalo. It was New Jersey’s league-leading 10th shorthanded goal of the season; the Sabres are second with 6 SHG.
Forwards Defense Goalie
Elias-Zajac-Sullivan Salvador-Volchenkov Brodeur
Inactives: Barch, Kostopoulos, Josefson, Harrold
Sidelined: Larsson (hit by shot), Hedberg (sore)