Who: Montreal Canadiens at New Jersey Devils
When: 7:00 p.m. ET; Pregame show at 6:30 p.m. ET
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Media: TV - MSG2 (Channel listings); Radio - Bloomberg (1130 AM)
Stats & Notes (via Devils PR)
- With Sunday’s loss at the New York Rangers, the Devils were eliminated from playoff contention.
- Also Sunday, New Jersey fell to 4-17-6 on the year when allowing the first goal. The Devils are 13-1-4 when scoring first this season.
- The Devils out shot the Rangers, 27-22, and have now out shot their opponent in 24 of the past 26 games, including a 184-100 advantage over the past six games.
- The Devils closed-out their 10th/final set of back-to-back games this weekend. New Jersey finished 3-5-2 in first games and 3-5-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- Martin Brodeur started his 15th consecutive game Sunday. He is 4-7-4 since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Andrei Loktionov, who was a healthy scratch in the previous two games, scored the Devils only goal Sunday, his eighth of the season. He is second on the team (Patrik Elias, 9) in goal-scoring since making his season debut on February 18.
- Ilya Kovalchuk picked up the primary assist in his second game back after missing 11 contests (shoulder).
- Peter Harrold also had an assist Sunday and now has points in back-to-back games (2a).
Forwards Defense Goalie
Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk Greene-Larsson Brodeur
Inactives: Barch, Kostopoulos, Henrique, Ubrom, D'Agostini, Gelinas, Pesonen, Sislo
Sidelined: Salvador (wrist), Fayne (nagging injury)