Who: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins
When: 7:00 p.m. ET; Pregame show at 6:30 p.m. ET
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
Media: TV - MSG+ (Channel listings); Radio - WFAN (660 AM or 101.9 FM)
Stats & Notes (via Devils PR)
- New Jersey enters tonight’s game on a four-game losing streak (0-1-3). The Devils had their stretch of points in five consecutive games (2-0-3) snapped Monday night vs. the New York Islanders.
- Monday vs. the Isles, New Jersey fell to 3-11-5 on the year when allowing the first goal. The Devils are 12-1-4 when scoring the first goal this season.
- New Jersey is 0-3-2 in its last five games vs. Boston (last win, 3-2, April 10, 2011) and 0-3-2 in its last five road games (last win, 2-1 SO, November 27, 2009).
- Steve Sullivan was acquired in a trade from the Phoenix Coyotes yesterday and is looking to become the 24th player to be re-acquired and play for the Devils. He will join T. Albelin, J. Arnott, S. Clemmensen, J. Dowd, B. Holik, J. Leach, C. Lemieux, V. Malakhov, G. McAdam, A. Mogilny, K. Oliwa, A. Ponikarovsky, P. Rheaume, S. Richer, B. Rolston, M. Rupp, A. Salmela, C. Schwab, B. Shanahan, K. Sutton, P. Sykora and C. Terreri.
- Sullivan last played for the Devils 16 years and 43 days ago on February 20, 1997 in a 2-2 tie at Florida. When he returns to the lineup, his time between stints with one NHL team will rank third in league history behind Shanahan (NJ, March 31, 1991-January 19, 2009, 17 years, 294 days) and Randy Cunneyworth (Buffalo, December 17, 1981-November 7, 1998, 16 years, 325 days). -credit Elias Sports Bureau.
- Sullivan posted 13g-18a-31pts and 22 PIM in 49 games with New Jersey during the 1995-96 & 1996-7 seasons.
- Martin Brodeur (18 saves) took the loss and is 2-1-3 with a 2.28 GAA & .889 save-percentage since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Alexei Ponikarovsky scored the team’s lone goal Monday, his first since his Devils’ season debut on February 15 vs. Philadelphia to snap an 18-game scoreless stretch.
- Patrik Elias leads the team with 20a/30pts.
- Travis Zajac has posted 11 (4g-7a) of his 14 points this season at Prudential Center.
Forwards Defense Goalie
Elias-Loktionov-Bernier Salvador-Zidlicky Brodeur
Inactives: Kostopolous, Barch, Larsson