Who: Florida Panthers at New Jersey Devils
When: 1:00 p.m. ET; Pregame show at 12:30 p.m. ET
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
Media: TV - MSG (Channel listings); Radio - Bloomberg (1130 AM)
Stats & Notes (via Devils PR)
- New Jersey ended a season-high ten-game (0-6-4) winless streak Thursday at Philadelphia. With the victory, the Devils avoided tying the second-longest winless streak in team history (11, accomplished twice, most recently 0-7-4, December 27, 1990-January 22, 1991).
- Also Thursday, New Jersey improved to 13-1-4 when scoring the first goal this season. The Devils are 3-16-6 on the year when allowing the first goal.
- The Devils out shot the Flyers, 31-23, and have now out shot their opponent in 22 of the past 24 games.
- Today, the Devils will open their 10th/final set of back-to-back games. New Jersey is 2-5-2 in first games and 3-4-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- Martin Brodeur (23 saves) recorded his second shutout of the season on Thursday, both against Philadelphia. It was the 121st shutout of his career and his 11th vs. the Flyers, the most against any opponent (2nd, NY Islanders, 10).
- Brodeur will start his 14th consecutive game this afternoon. He is 3-6-4 since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Ryan Carter scored the game-winning goal Thursday and has set a new career-high with five goals on the season.
- Matt D’Agostini also scored for the Devils, his second in the past four games.
- Adam Henrique added an empty-net tally, his 11th of the year.
- Andy Greene was +3 Thursday and leads the team with a +8 mark overall this season.
Forwards Defense Goalie
Elias-Zajac-Kovalchuk Greene-Fayne Brodeur
Inactives: Barch, Kostopoulos, Loktionov, Ubrom, Sullivan
Sidelined: Salvador (wrist)
Suspended: Volchenkov (one games)