The Devils jumped out to an early 1-0 lead but the Ducks quickly responded to hand New Jersey a 3-2 loss. >> Box score
- 6:50 NJD Marcus Johansson; Assists: Jesper Bratt, Will Butcher
- 9:10 ANA Daniel Sprong; Assists: Nick Ritchie, Adam Henrique
- 10:38 ANA Troy Terry (Power Play); Assists: Hampus Lindholm, Daniel Sprong
The Devils allowed three unanswered goals to the Isles in the first period, and couldn't fight back in a 4-1 loss on the road. >> Box score
- 5:48 NYI Anders Lee; Assists: Nick Leddy, Jordan Eberle
- 9:19 NYI Michael Dal Colle; Assists: Scott Mayfield, Leo Komarov
- 15:12 NYI Jordan Eberle (Power Play); Assists: Nick Leddy, Brock Nelson
The Devils couldn't fight back from four unanswered goals to start the game, as they fell to the Blue Jackets on the road, 4-1. >> Box score
- 0:45 CBJ Cam Atkinson; Assists: Pierre-Luc Dubois
- 2:28 CBJ Boone Jenner; Assists: Josh Anderson
- 17:20 CBJ Artemi Panarin; Assists: David Savard, Cam Atkinson
The Devils scored five unanswered goals in a wild second period as they beat the Chicago Blackhawks 8-5 on Monday at Prudential Center. >> Box score
- 13:50 NJD Blake Coleman
- 3:07 CHI Patrick Kane (power play); Assists: Jonathan Toews, Dylan Strome
- 5:16 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assists: Sami Vatanen, Nico Hischier
- 8:27 NJD Kyle Palmieri (power play); Assists: Will Butcher, Travis Zajac
- 10:07 NJD Travis Zajac; Assists: Miles Wood, Blake Coleman
- 14:58 NJD Sami Vatanen (power play); Assists: Jesper Bratt, Damon Severson
- 17:58 NJD Kevin Rooney; Assists: Drew Stafford, Brett Seney
- 18:19 CHI Patrick Kane; Assist: Henri Jokiharju
- 19:01 CHI Brent Seabrook; Assist: Patrick Kane
The Devils held off the Flyers in a 3-2 win, snapping their three-game losing streak at The Rock on Saturday afternoon. >> Box score
- 6:32 NJD Damon Severson; Assists: Drew Stafford, Pavel Zacha
The arrow appeared to be pointing upward last season for the Philadelphia Flyers and New Jersey Devils after they each reached the playoffs. But the only race the Flyers and Devils are involved in this season is the one headed for the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
The Flyers and Devils will each look to avoid falling into the Eastern Conference basement Saturday afternoon, when they face each other at Prudential Center.
Tags: Philadelphia Flyers
The Devils dropped their second straight game with a 5-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres at the KeyBank Center on Tuesday. >> Box score
- 1:286 NJD Nlake Coleman; Assists: Miles Wood, Travis Zajac
The Devils lost to the Vegas Golden Knights 3-2 on Sunday at T-Mobile Arena in the third game of a four-game road trip. >> Box score
- 5:06 NJD Nico Hischier; Assists: Jesper Bratt, Ben Lovejoy
- 9:37 NJD Ben Lovejoy; Assists: Pavel Zacha, Drew Stafford
- 12:30 VGK Ryan Reaves
DALLAS (AP) Miro Heiskanen found out Wednesday morning he had made the All-Star team in his first season in the NHL.
He celebrated with two goals, including a tiebreaking score in the third period of the Dallas Stars' 5-4 victory over the New Jersey Devils.
Mackenzie Blackwood has provided an expected lift for the New Jersey Devils. Blackwood posted his second straight shutout, stopping 25 shots in the Devils' 4-0 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Monday. >>Read more
- 12:03 NJD Brian Boyle; Assists: Drew Stafford, Brett Seney
- 18:12 NJD Miles Wood (Power Play); Assists: Sami Vatanen, Jesper Bratt
Mackenzie Blackwood stopped 40 of 42 Bruins shots to earn his first NHL win as the Devils defeated Boston on the road, 5-2. >> Read More
- 0:25 NJD Damon Severson; Assists: Andy Greene, Travis Zajac
- 15:25 NJD Kyle Palmieri (Power play); Assists: Will Butcher, Brian Boyle
- 15:07 BOS Chris Wagner; Assists: John Moore, Danton Heinen
- 4:15 NJD Blake Coleman; Unassisted
- 12:43 NJD Nico Hischier; Assists: Miles Wood, Stefan Noesen
- 17:05 Bos Patrice Bergeron; Assists: Jake DeBrusk
- 19:12 NJD Blake Coleman (Empty net); Assists: Nico Hischier, Andy Greene
Tags: Boston Bruins
Blue Jackets goalie Sergei Bobrovsky stopped all 39 Devils shots as New Jersey failed to climb out of the cellar in the Eastern Conference in a 3-0 loss Sunday at Prudential Center. >> Read More
- 4:03 CBJ Cam Atkinson; Assists: Artemi Panarin, Ryan Murray
- 5:31 CBJ Oliver Bjorkstrand; Assists: Alexander Wennberg, Zach Werenski
- 10:47 CBJ Artemi Panarin
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets
The Devils got the unexpected, too, in beating the Ottawa Senators 5-2 on Friday night.
They got a bizarre, play-of-year type goal that featured New Jersey Sami Vatanen making a diving size in his own crease, a loose puck hitting a glove on the ice to set up a 2-on-0 break that Hall capped with goal.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets and New Jersey Devils will get familiar with one another over the next four days.
The Metropolitan Division opponents will play each other twice in a home-and-home starting Thursday night at Nationwide Arena. Columbus will then visit New Jersey on Sunday in the final game before the Christmas break.
"We have some division games coming up, which I love," Blue Jackets center Brandon Dubinsky said, according to the team's website. "I've played a lot of games in my career against the guys coming up, and I'm excited about that."
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets
The Devils were simply no match for the Maple Leafs, who dominated New Jersey, 7-2, at The Rock on Tuesday night. >> Read more
- 6:01 TOR John Tavares; Assists: Nazem Kadri, Auston Matthews
- 7:58 TOR Auston Matthews
- 13:38 TOR Patrick Marleau; Assists: Nazem Kadri, Travis Dermott
- 18:44 NJD Sami Vatanen; Assists: Brian Boyle
Bryan Boyle tied the game in the third period, but the Predators prevailed in a shootout to beat the Devils, 2-1, on Saturday night at Bridgestone Arena. >> Read more
The Rangers couldn't hang on to their third-period lead, but they came away victorious in a shootout over the Panthers, 5-4, on the road. >> Box score
- 3:37 NYR Mika Zibanejad; Assists: Jimmy Vesey, Kevin Hayes
- 18:10 NYR Vladislav Namestnikov (Short-Handed); Assists: Kevin Hayes, Fredrik Claesson
The skidding Devils (10-13-6) would feel much more comfortable knowing star left winger Taylor Hall would be available Friday night. Hall, who won the Hart Trophy as the NHL's most valuable player last season, left practice early Thursday with an undisclosed ailment.
"I don't have much for you yet," Devils coach John Hynes told reporters afterward. "I just know they pulled him off for precautionary reasons and I haven't talked to them yet."
Even with Hall, who is one of just six Devils to play in all 29 game this season, New Jersey has lost eight of nine (1-4-4) to fall into last place in the Eastern Conference.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Timo Meier scored twice, Joe Pavelski added his 20th goal of the season and the San Jose Sharks beat the New Jersey Devils 5-2 on Monday night for their fourth win in five games.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks
The Devils lost to the Anaheim Ducks 6-5 in a shootout after Marcus Johansson tied the game with under a minute left in regulation in a back-and-forth game Sunday at Honda Center. >> Box score
- 1:38 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assist: Egor Yakovlev
- 2:12 ANA Jakob Silfverberg; Assists: Josh Manson, Andrew Cogliano
- 2:47 ANA Kiefer Sherwood; Assists: Carter Rowney, Brandon Montour
- 10:49 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assist: Taylor Hall
- 13:08 NJD Damon Severson (power play); Assists: Marcus Johansson, Jesper Bratt
- 13:39 ANA Brandon Montour; Assists: Ondrej Kase, Ryan Getzlaf
Tags: Anaheim Ducks
The Devils got back in the win column after a six-game losing skid to down the lowly Kings in Los Angeles, 6-3. >> Box score
- 13:49 NJD Kyle Palmieri (Power play); Assists: Taylor Hall, Will Butcher
- 15:41 LAK Brendan Leipsic; Assists: Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez
- 0:25 NJD Travis Zajac (Unassisted)
- 6:59 LAK Adrian Kempe; Assists: Drew Doughty, Austin Wagner
- 10:57 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assists: Taylor Hall
- 12:28 NJD Will Butcher; Assists: Miles Wood, Travis Zajac
- 17:37 LAK Kyle Clifford (Unassisted)
- 11:06 NJD Nico Hischier; Assists: Sami Vatanen, Taylor Hall
- 19:52 NJD Blake Coleman (Empty net); Assists: Andy Greene, Damon Severson
Six years after meeting in the Stanley Cup Finals, the last-place teams in both conferences will get together Thursday night when the Los Angeles Kings host the New Jersey Devils at Staples Center.
The Kings (10-17-1) have already fired John Stevens as head coach and replaced him with Willie Desjardins, but he hasn't turned things around either. Stevens was let go on Nov. 4 after the Kings went 4-8-1 to start the season. They've gone 6-9-0 under Desjardins and have yet to win three in a row under either coach.
The Devils (9-12-5) are 0-3-3 over the past six games to fall to the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings.
Tags: Cory Schneider, Keith Kinkaid, Taylor Hall
The last-place Devils were blown out by the first-place Tampa Bay Lightning 5-1 on Monday at Prudential Center. >> Box score
- 13:31 TB Nikita Kucherov; Assists: Brayden Point, Ryan McDonagh
- 19:34 TB Brayden Point (power play); Assists: Nikita Kucherov, Victor Hedman
- 8:20 TB Tyler Johnson; Assists: Ryan McDonagh, Nikita Kucherov
- 11:26 NJD Egor Yakovlev; Assists: Sami Vatanen, Stefan Noesen
- 12:39 TB Yanni Gourde; Assists: Steven Stamkos, Ondrej Palat
Tags: Tampa Bay Lightning
Last spring, the New Jersey Devils learned first-hand how much ground they need to make up on the Tampa Bay Lightning, decisively losing a first-round playoff series four games to one.
As the teams get set to meet Monday night at the Prudential Center, the gap between the Lightning and Devils has widened considerably.
While the Lightning (19-7-1) are once again on top of the Eastern Conference, the Devils (9-11-5) are last in the East after finishing in eighth place a year ago.
The hottest goal scorer in the NHL takes his act Off-Broadway Saturday night when Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets visit the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center.
Laine, the league's reigning First Star of the Week, scored 18 goals in November, the most ever in a single month in franchise history. After scoring a pair in Thursday's 6-5 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks, Laine has five multiple-goal games this season and 13 goals in his last six games.
His first goal Thursday was the 100th of Laine's NHL career. He is the fourth-youngest player in league history to reach that plateau, behind Wayne Gretzky, Jimmy Carson and Brian Bellows. He reached the milestone in only 179 games.
WASHINGTON -- The Washington Capitals go for their seventh straight win when they host the New Jersey Devils on Friday night at Capital One Arena.
New Jersey (9-10-4) is streaking in the opposite direction having dropped three in a row (0-1-2).
The Capitals (14-7-3) could get boost Friday with the return of forward Evgeny Kuznetsov, who missed the last six games with a concussion.
Two struggling teams - the host Florida Panthers and the New Jersey Devils -- will meet Monday night at the BB&T Center.
The Devils, who lost 5-2 to the host Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday night, will be playing on shorter rest than Florida. The Devils (9-10-3) are also last in the Metropolitan Division with 21 points and are 2-9-0 on the road.
Tags: Florida Panthers
Devils goalie Cory Schneider allowed four goals in the first period en route to a 5-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday at Amalie Arena. >> Box score
- 3:19 TB Alex Killorn; Assist: Mathieu Joseph
- 7:21 TB Brayden Point (power play); Assists: Nikita Kucherov, Victor Hedman
- 9:15 TB Tyler Johnson; Assists: Brayden Point, Nikita Kucherov
- 9:39 NJD Stefan Noesen; Assist: Brett Seney
- 11:25 TB Cedric Paquette; Assists: Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi
Tags: Tampa Bay Lightning
TAMPA, Fla. -- Quick strikes have been the tone-setter for the Tampa Bay Lightning during a season-long, five-game homestand.
The New Jersey Devils want to avoid another slow start when they visit Amalie Arena on Sunday.
In the first two games of the homestand, Tampa Bay has scored in the opening minute and rode the momentum to victories against Florida and Chicago. Overall, the Lightning have opened the scoring in four consecutive games after giving up the first goal in nine of the previous 10.
The Devils managed to force overtime with just seconds left in the third period, but Mathew Barzal put home the golden goal in a 4-3 loss at The Rock on Friday night. >> Box Score
- 7:24 NYI Jordan Eberle; Assists: Anthony Beauvillier
Tags: Jordan Eberle, Mathew Barzal, Nick Leddy, Taylor Hall
A pair of Metropolitan Division rivals return to action following U.S. Thanksgiving to face off Friday afternoon when the New Jersey Devils host the New York Islanders at Prudential Center.
It is the second meeting this season between the teams, who are separated by 16 miles, a pair of rivers and only two points in the standings. Back on Nov. 3, the Islanders (10-8-2) beat the Devils (9-9-2) 3-0 behind Thomas Greiss' 35-save shutout.
Pavel Zacha scored twice in the second period, including a power-play goal, while Taylor Hall recorded two points in a 5-2 win over the Canadiens. >> Recap
- 6:26 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assists: Andy Greene, Blake Coleman
- 6:50 MTL Jonathan Drouin; Assists: Andrew Shaw
- 16:55 NJD Nico Hischier; Assists: Taylor Hall
The Rangers, Islanders and Devils all have some young, talented members on their teams, which begs the question: Who is the best young hockey player in New York?
SNY narrowed down three candidate and a look at some of their stats through the first quarter of the 2018-19 season.
The New Jersey Devils allowed two goals in a span of eight seconds in the first period as they lost to the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 on Sunday at PNC Arena. >> Box score
- 0:22 CAR Justin Williams; Assists: Jordan Staal, Brock McGinn
- 0:30 CAR Micheal Ferland; Assists: Teuvo Teravainen, Dougie Hamilton
- 6:33 NJD Pavel Zacha; Assists: Marcus Johansson, Jesper Bratt
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes
RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes want their record to better reflect their performance and that will take winning more games.
The next chance comes against the New Jersey Devils on Sunday at PNC Arena.
The health of the Devils is worth watching for this game as the matchup comes on the tail end of games on back-to-back days.
Though the Detroit Red Wings and the New Jersey Devils have taken different paths so far this season, they arrive at Saturday's Prudential Center matinee with nearly identical records while trying to stay out of the basement of their respective division.
The Red Wings (8-9-2) did not win their first game until Oct. 20, but have seven wins in the last nine games. The Devils (8-8-1) won each of their first four games before dropping nine of 11, though they enter play Saturday having won two straight.
As a result, the Devils are tied with the Pittsburgh Penguins for last place in the Metropolitan Division and the Red Wings are one point ahead of the Florida Panthers in the Atlantic Division. >> READ MORE
The New Jersey Devils polished off the Pittsburgh Penguins to boost their home record to 6-1-1.
But the road has been a different story.
The Devils, sitting in last place in the Metropolitan Division, take a 1-7-0 record away from home into Philadelphia for Thursday night's game with the Flyers.
Taylor Hall netted two goals to help the Devils snap a three-game losing streak in a 4-2 win over the Penguins Tuesday night. >> Read more
- 0:28 NJD Travis Zajac; Assists: Taylor Hall, Damon Severson
- 13:57 PIT Phil Kessel (Power Play); Assists: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin
Tags: Damon Severson, Taylor Hall, Travis Zajac
Coming off a long, ugly road trip, the New Jersey Devils must be hoping that a return Tuesday to the Prudential Center to host the Pittsburgh Penguins is a case of Home, Sweet Home.
The Devils (6-8-1) have not skated on home ice since a 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Oct. 27. Over the following two weeks, the Devils played seven games on the road, losing six. They allowed 33 goals in those six defeats, sinking to the cellar of the Metropolitan Division.
"You gotta power through it," Devils center Brian Boyle told nj.com. "You gotta will it to happen, expect good things, be positive. It's difficult right this minute, but it's a new day tomorrow." READ MORE
Legendary New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur was officially inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday.
Brodeur, the NHL's all-time leader in games, wins and shutouts, joined Martin St. Louis, Jayna Hefford, Alexander Yakushev, Gary Bettman and Willie O'Ree in the Class of 2018.
Two of Brodeur's long-time Devils teammates, Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer, presented Brodeur with his Hall of Fame plaque.
The Devils allowed at least five goals in their third consecutive game as they lost to the Winnipeg Jets 5-2 on Sunday at Bell MTS Place. >> Box score
- 3:02 WIN Jack Roslovic; Assist: Dustin Byfuglien
- 3:31 WIN Mark Scheifele; Assists: Blake Wheeler, Nikolaj Ehlers
- 7:15 NJD Brett Seney; Assists: Jesper Bratt, Damon Severson
- 2:58 WIN Mark Scheifele; Assist: Jacob Trouba
- 3:45 NJD Blake Coleman; Assist: Damon Severson
- 7:54 WIN Nikolaj Ehlers; Assists: Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler
- 12:47 WIN Mathieu Perreault; Assists: Kyle Connor, Bryan Little
WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- If there was a trophy for most assists in a season, Blake Wheeler would be one of the early favorites to hoist it at the end of the season.
The Winnipeg Jets captain had a five-point night in a 5-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Friday at Bell MTS Place, setting up the first four goals and scoring the last into an empty net.
That performance gave Wheeler 18 assists in 15 games, the second-highest assist total in the league behind Colorado's Mikko Rantanen, who had 19. Wheeler led the NHL in assists last season with 68 and has more than any other player since the start of the 2015-16 season.