The Devils have signed D Michael Kapla from UMass-Lowell to a two-year entry deal, according to Andrew Gross of The Record.
Kapla will report to the Devils.
In 41 games for UMass-Lowell this season, the 22-year old defenseman registered three goals and 27 assists.
The Carolina Hurricanes broke a 1-1 tie in the third period and pulled away with a 3-1 victory over the Devils on Saturday. With the loss, the Devils are now eliminated from playoff contention. >> Read more
John Moore scored twice but the Devils still lost for the 13th time in 15 games, 4-2, to the Maple Leafs on Thursday night at Air Canada Centre. >> Read more...
- 2:59 NJD John Moore; Assists: Damon Severson, Kyle Palmieri
- 5:46 TOR Josh Leivo (power play); Assists: Auston Matthews, William Nylander
- 18:17 TOR William Nylander; Assists: Auston Matthews, Nikita Zaitsev
- 2:04 TOR James van Riemsdyk; Assists: Mitchell Marner, Tyler Bozak
- 9:04 NJD John Moore (power play); Assists: Pavel Zacha, Taylor Hall
- 19:14 TOR Connor Brown (empty net); Assists: Leo Komarov, Nazem Kadri
The Devils travel to Toronto to take on the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre on Thursay night at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
Tags: Pavel Zacha
Joseph Blandisi scored on an odd-man rush with 54.6 seconds left in overtime and the New Jersey Devils handed the New York Rangers a rare road loss, 3-2 on Tuesday night.
John Quenneville set up Blandisi's third goal of the season, and Quenneville and Taylor Hall also scored for the Devils. New Jersey got just its second win in 14 games (2-10-2) behind 38 saves by Cory Schneider, including a stop on Kevin Hayes in close just before Blandisi's winner.
The win was the Devils' first in four games with the Rangers this season. >> Read more...
Tags: Cory Schneider, Taylor Hall
Boone Jenner scored two goals to help the Blue Jackets clinch a playoff spot in a 4-1 win over the Devils on Sunday at The Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 6:32 CLS Lukas Sedlak (Penalty Shot)
- 10:23 CLS Boone Jenner (Short Handed); Assists: Jack Johnson, David Savard
- 10:30 NJD Adam Henrique (Power Play); Assists: Pavel Zacha
While the Blue Jackets have everything working for them, the Devils are once again playing out the string.
The Devils broke a 10-game losing streak Thursday by beating the Philadelphia Flyers 6-2 on Friday night but began a new skid with a 6-4 loss in Pittsburgh the following night. When this season ends, it mark the fifth straight season the Devils have missed the postseason since reaching the Stanley Cup Final in 2012.
Sidney Crosby scored two goals, including an insurance empty-netter with 14 seconds left, to give the Penguins a 6-4 win over the Devils Friday in Pittsburgh. >> Read more
- 5:35 NJD Kyle Palmieri Assists: Taylor Hall, John Moore
- 6:37 PIT Phil Kessel Assists: Patric Hornqvist, Matt Cullen
- 13:30 PIT Jake Guentzel Assists: Brian Dumoulin, Sidney Crosby
- 14:02 NJD Stefan Noesen Assists: Pavel Zacha, John Quenneville
- 19:45 PIT Sidney Crosby (Power Play) Assists: Mark Streit, Justin Schultz
- 15:47 PIT Nick Bonino Assists: Carter Rowney, Tom Kuhnhackl
- 19:09 NJD Beau Bennett Assists: Adam Henrique, Jon Merrill
- 5:17 PIT Carter Rowney Assists: Tom Kuhnhackl, Tom Sestito
- 16:29 NJD Kyle Palmieri (Power Play) Assists: Joseph Blandisi
- 19:26 PIT Sidney Crosby (ENG) Assists: Conor Sheary
Taylor Hall and Adam Henrique each scored twice as the Devils snapped their 10-game losing streak Thursday night with a 6-2 win over the Flyers at the Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 17:00 PHI Michael Del Zotto; Assists: Jakub Voracek, Claude Giroux
- 18:11 NJD Kyle Palmieri; Assists: Travis Zajac
- 5:50 NJD Adam Henrique; Assists: Beau Bennett, Dalton Prout
- 9:40 NJD Joseph Blandisi (power play); Assists: Damon Severson, Pavel Zacha
- 11:13 PHI Brayden Schenn; Assists: Radko Gudas, Michael Del Zotto
- 1:33 NJD Taylor Hall; Assists: Travis Zajac
- 4:08 NJD Adam Henrique; Assists: John Moore, Kyle Palmieri
- 15:21 NJD Taylor Hall (empty net)
Tags: Adam Henrique, Beau Bennett, Damon Severson, John Moore, Joseph Blandisi, Kyle Palmieri, Pavel Zacha, Taylor Hall
The Devils have recalled F John Quenneville from Albany, the team announced Wednesday morning.
Quenneville has not recorded a point in two games with New Jersey this season.
In 53 games with the Albany Devils this year, Quenneville has recored 12 goals and 29 assists.
Tags: John Quenneville
Tonight's game between the Devils and Jets at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ has been postponed due to the "severe winter storm impacting the area," the NHL announced late Tuesday morning.
The game has been rescheduled for March 28.
The Devils scored four goals in the final two periods but fell short to the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday, 5-4. >>Read more
1:27 ARI Radim Vrbata; Assists: Max Domi, Connor Murphy
The Devils have sent goaltender Ken Appleby to the AHL and have recalled forward Blake Pietila, the team announced.
Pietila has played in two NHL games this year, posting a minus-2 rating.
In 27 games in the AHL, Appleby has a .909 save percentage.
Devils captain Andy Greene will miss Thursday night's game against the Avalanche, although he has rejoined the club after his father's death, the team said.
The 34-year-old defenseman last played a week ago, and has missed New Jersey's last three games.
Greene has four goals and eight assists in 51 games this season.
Tags: Andy Greene
The Devils will try and snap an eight-game losing streak (0-6-2) as they face the Avalanche at Pepsi Center Thursday at 9 p.m. ET.
Tags: Kyle Palmieri
- 9:39 COL Oliver Bjorkstrand; Assists: Sam Gagner, Scott Hartnell
- 18:44 COL Cam Atkinson ; Assists: Brandon Dubinsky, Seth Jones
Sergei Bobrovsky made 33 saves for his third consecutive shutout and the Columbus Blue Jackets handed the New Jersey Devils their eighth straight loss with a 2-0 victory on Tuesday night.
The Devils have traded D Brandon Gormley to the Senators in exchange for future considerations, it was announced Monday.
Gormley, 25, had two goals and eight assists in 35 games this season with the Albany Devils of the AHL...
The New Jersey Devils were shut out at home in a 3-0 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday at Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 2:45 COL Boone Jenner; Assists: Cam Atkinson, Brandon Dubinsky
- 5:35 COL Oliver Bjorkstrand; Assists: Sam Gagner, David Savard
Tags: Columbus Blue Jackets
The Devils rallied from a 2-1 deficit against the Boston Bruins to tie the game, but Ryan Spooner scored the deciding goal with 8:18 to go in the third period to lead the Bruins past the Devils on Saturday at the TD Garden. >>Read more
The Devils head to Boston for a matchup with the Bruins at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- New Jersey dropped a 1-0 decision to the Caps at Verizon Center on Thursday night, and has now lost five straight games overall. The Devils have been involved in 34 one-goal affairs this year (16-6-12 record) -- tied for third most of any team in hockey.
- Boston lost, 2-1, at home to the Rangers on Thursday night, snapping its three-game win streak in the process. The Bruins are 7-2-0 (.778) since Bruce Cassidy took over as head coach -- tied with Tampa Bay for the best record in the East since February 7.
The Devils hope to snap a four-game losing streak as they meet the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center on Thursday at 7 p.m. ET.
Tags: Travis Zajac
The Devils made three trades prior to the 3 p.m. ET trade deadline Wednesday.
New Jersey obtained D Dalton Prout from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for D Kyle Quincey and F Shane Harper from the Florida Panthers for D Reece Scarlett, the team announced Wednesday. The Devils also dealt F P.A. Parenteau to the Nashville Predators for a sixth-round pick.
Devils GM Ray Shero said Parenteau's recent finger injury had no bearing on what the Devils received in the trade.
The New Jersey Devils blew a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Montreal Canadiens in overtime, 4-3, Monday at Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 19:41 NJ Kyle Palmieri; Assist: Travis Zajac
The New Jersey Devils host the Montreal Canadiens on Monday at Prudential Center at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- Montreal beat Toronto, 3-2, in overtime at Air Canada Centre on Saturday night, winning its second straight road tilt for the first time since January 7 (at Toronto) and 11 (at Winnipeg). The Habs are 26-1-4 when netting at least three goals in 2016-17.
- The Devils dropped a 4-3 overtime decision to the Rangers at Prudential Center on Saturday night, and have now lost three straight, and four of their last five games overall. Dating to December 8, New Jersey has lost 14 straight games when allowing four or more goals (0-12-2 record).
Tags: Kyle Palmieri, Montreal Canadiens
The Devils have placed Pavel Zacha (concussion) on IR retroactive to Feb. 21, and have recalled Blake Coleman from Albany, the Devils announced Monday morning.
In 52 games with New Jersey this season, Zacha has racked up eight goals and eight assists.
Coleman has appeared in only five games with the Devils this season, recording his only point, an assist, during the Jan. 17 win over Minnesota.
Tags: Pavel Zacha
The Rangers rallied from a 3-2 third period deficit to tie the game and Mika Zibanejad came through with the winning goal in overtime to lead New York past the Devils on Saturday at the Prudential Center. >>Read more
The Devils host the rival Rangers at Prudential Center at 5 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Rangers defeated the Maple Leafs, 2-1, in a shootout at Air Canada Centre on Thursday night, improving to 8-1-1 (.850) in February -- best in the East, and second best in the league entering play this weekend. The Blueshirts are 3-2 in shootouts this season.
- New Jersey lost, 2-1, to Ottawa at Prudential Center on Tuesday night, falling to 5-12-2 in its last 19 home tilts overall (8-0-2 in first 10 home games of the season). The Devils are just 1-3-1 when getting three or more days off between games this season.
Craig Anderson made 29 saves and the Ottawa Senators beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Tuesday night despite playing without three of their top forwards.
Kyle Turris and Erik Karlsson scored for Ottawa, which swept the three-game season series with the Devils while allowing only two goals.
Travis Zajac scored for New Jersey and Cory Schneider made 21 saves. The Devils have lost two in a row and three of four.
Taylor Hall had three points but Keith Kinkaid allowed six goals in the New Jersey Devils' 6-4 loss to the New York Islanders on Sunday at Barclays Center. >> Read more
- 9:15 NJ Miles Wood (Power play); Assists: Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri
- 14:33 NYI Ryan Strome; Assists: Anthony Beauvillier, Dennis Seidenberg
- 2:44 NYI Casey Cizikas; Assists: Stephen Gionta
- 9:32 NYI Strome
- 11:59 NYI Andrew Ladd (short handed); Assist: Johnny Boychuk
- 13:21 NJ Palmieri; Assists: Travis Zajac, Hall
- 17:55 NJ Steven Santini; Assists: Zajac, Hall
- 0:26 NYI John Tavares (power play); Assists: Strome, Anders Lee
- 1:00 NYI Jason Chimera
- 8:37 NJ Hall (Power play); Assists: Damon Severson, Keith Kinkaid
Tags: Anders Lee, Andrew Ladd, Casey Cizikas, Jason Chimera, John Tavares, Johnny Boychuk, Kyle Palmieri, Ryan Strome, Stephen Gionta, Taylor Hall, Travis Zajac
A pair of teams looking to gain valuable ground in the jumbled Eastern Conference wild card race will play for the second time in as many nights Sunday, when the New York Islanders host the New Jersey Devils at Barclays Center.
The Devils further complicated the wild card race on Saturday, when they held off a furious late comeback by the Islanders to earn a 3-2 victory at Prudential Center.
Devante Smith-Pelly, Travis Zajac and Pavel Zacha scored as the Devils carried a 3-0 lead into the final 17 minutes, but Andrew Ladd and Anthony Beauvillier scored for the Islanders, who missed a chance to tie the game in the final 90 seconds when Nick Leddy's shot at an open net bounced off a post. >> Read more
Copyright 2017 by The Associated Press
Tags: Andrew Ladd, Nick Leddy, Pavel Zacha, Travis Zajac
The Devils built up a 3-0 lead before the Islanders chipped away to come within one goal, but ultimately New Jersey held on for a 3-2 victory Saturday night at the Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 7:10 NJD Devante Smith-Pelly; Assists: Travis Zajac, Jon Merrill
- 8:49 NJD Travis Zajac (Short Handed); Assists: Adam Henrique
- 6:21 NJD Pavel Zacha (Power Play); Assists: P.A. Parenteau, Damon Severson
- 8:58 NYI Andrew Ladd; Assists: Calvin de Haan
- 13:48 NYI Anthony Beauvillier; Assists: Alan Quine, Johnny Boychuk
The Islanders head to New Jersey to take on the Devils at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- This will be the first meeting this season between the Islanders and Devils. New York is 7-0-1 in its last eight road games versus New Jersey, shutting the Devils out in two of its last three games played at Prudential Center in Newark.
- The Islanders beat the Rangers, 4-2, at home despite trailing, 1-0, at the end of the first period, their 10th comeback win of the season. New York is now 15-6-4 since December 20, the fourth-best record in the NHL over that span (entering the weekend).
The Devils have traded Sergey Kalinin to the Maple Leafs in exchange for defenseman Viktor Loov, the team announced Saturday.
Kalinin had been placed on waivers Friday and cleared Saturday right before the trade.
Loov, a seventh-round pick in 2012, will head to the the Devils' AHL affiliate.
Tags: Sergey Kalinin
Devils forward Mike Cammalleri will be a healthy scratch for Saturday night's game against the Islanders, according to multiple reports.
Cammalleri has not scored since Jan. 3, a stretch of 18 games. In those 18 games, he has nine assists.
In 51 games this year, Cammalleri has 10 goals and 20 assists.
Tags: Mike Cammalleri
Cory Schneider made 32 saves but the Devils lost for just the second time in seven games in a 3-0 loss to the Ottawa Senators. >> Read more
- 18:03 OTT Dion Phaneuf (power play); Assists: Chris Wideman, Bobby Ryan
- 16:02 OTT Erik Karlsson; Assists: Derick Brassard, Tom Pyatt
- 18:23 OTT Kyle Turris (empty net); Assists: Zack Smith, Mike Hoffman
Tags: Cory Schneider
The Devils have activated Beau Bennett off Injured Reserve, and have moved Kyle Quincey to the IR retroactive to Feb. 4, the team announced on Thursday.
Bennett has three goals and seven assists in 40 games for the Devils this season.
Quincey has appeared in 51 games this year, racking up four goals and eight assists.
Tags: Beau Bennett
Devils defenseman Andy Greene scored the go-ahead goal on a power play and Kyle Palmieri converted on an odd-man rush with Taylor Hall to lead New Jersey over the struggling Colorado Avalanche 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Cory Schneider made 28 saves and Pavel Zacha added a goal as New Jersey won for the fourth time in six games (4-1-1) in its push to make the playoffs.
The win was only the Devils' second against the Avalanche in 11 games.
The Devils scored first against the San Jose Sharks, but gave up three goals in the second period and lost by a score of 4-1 on Sunday at the Prudential Center. >> Read More
One team is coming off its bye week, and the other is closing out a rough four-game road trip with its second game in as many days, when the New Jersey Devils host the San Jose Sharks Sunday afternoon at the Prudential Center.
The Devils (23-21-10) have not played since a 2-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres this past Monday. On the other hand, the Sharks (33-18-5) have played three games this week, losing each on the road, including a pair in overtime.
The New Jersey Devils have recalled forward Joseph Blandisi on Saturday, the team announced.
Blandisi, 22, has played in three games this season. In 28 games in the AHL this season, Blandisi has seven goals and 16 assists.
The Devils next play Sunday against the Sharks at 12:30 p.m.
The New Jersey Devils beat the Buffalo Sabres, 2-1, Monday at Prudential Center. >> Read more
- 8:46 NJ Adam Henrique (power play); Assists: Michael Cammalleri, Pavel Zacha
- 8:39 BUF Tyler Ennis; Assists: Kyle Okposo, Justin Falk
- 12:33 NJ Pavel Zacha (power play); Assists: Cammalleri, Damon Severson
The New Jersey Devils host the Buffalo Sabres at Prudential Center at 7 p.m. ET on Monday.
According to STATS...
- The Devils are 7-1-0 against the Sabres since the beginning of the 2014-15 season. That is tied for their most wins against any one team during that span (also Philadelphia and Carolina).
Tags: Buffalo Sabres, Taylor Hall
Taylor Hall scored twice and Cory Schneider made 31 saves against one of the NHL's top scoring teams as the Devils defeated the Blue Jackets 5-1 Saturday in Columbus.