The Devils finish off a home-and-home series with the Capitals on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Prudential Center.
According to STATS...
- Washington lost, 2-1 in a shootout, versus New Jersey on Thursday. The Capitals have killed off 27 of the last 28 opponent power plays (over the last 8 games).
- New Jersey beat Washington, 2-1 in a shootout, on Thursday despite being outshot 44-27. The victory snapped a six-game road losing streak (0-5-1) for New Jersey.
- This will be the second of four meetings this season between the Capitals and Devils. Despite Thursday's shootout loss against the Devils, Washington is 8-1-1 against New Jersey since the beginning of the 2014-15 season.
- Alex Ovechkin had four shots on goal against the Devils on Thursday in Washington D.C., and has now had at least four shots on goal in seven straight games against New Jersey. Ovechkin has gone pointless in four of his last six trips to New Jersey.
- Devils' netminder Keith Kinkaid faced 44 Washington shots on goal on Thursday and allowed just one goal. The last New Jersey goalie to face 44+ shots on goal and allow one goal or fewer was Martin Brodeur on January 12, 2010 at Madison Square Garden against the Rangers. Brodeur faced 51 shots that night and won 1-0 in a shootout. Brodeur stopped all four shootout attempts and outdueled Henrik Lundqvist, who stopped all 45 shots on goal he faced.
- P.A. Parenteau had the lone marker for the Devils on Thursday at Washington. His 10th goal of the season was an unassisted goal in the first period. Parenteau has now had a 10+ goal season for four different teams (NY Islanders twice, Colorado twice, Toronto and now New Jersey.
© 2016 by STATS