The Devils head to Boston for a matchup with the Bruins at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- New Jersey dropped a 1-0 decision to the Caps at Verizon Center on Thursday night, and has now lost five straight games overall. The Devils have been involved in 34 one-goal affairs this year (16-6-12 record) -- tied for third most of any team in hockey.
- Boston lost, 2-1, at home to the Rangers on Thursday night, snapping its three-game win streak in the process. The Bruins are 7-2-0 (.778) since Bruce Cassidy took over as head coach -- tied with Tampa Bay for the best record in the East since February 7.
- The Devils and Bruins have split their first two meetings of 2016-17, each beating the other at home. Including four straight wins, Boston is 10-1-0 in its last 11 games vs. New Jersey at TD Garden (since beginning of 2010-11).
- New Jersey had a season-low 15 shots on goal in Thursday night's setback in Washington D.C. The Devils are just 1-3-3 this season when putting 20 or fewer shots on net.
- Brad Marchand potted Boston's lone goal Thursday night, giving him 29 markers on the season, and lighting the lamp in his fourth straight game (has four goals and four assists in last four games). Marchand has three points (2g, 1a) in his last three skates against the Devils.
- The B's have allowed just 40 first-period goals in 2016-17 -- fifth fewest of any team in the league. New Jersey has scored 40 goals in the first period this year (also fifth fewest in the NHL).
© 2017 by STATS