The Devils visit the Capitals at 7 p.m. Thursday night in Washington.
According to STATS:
- Washington has won seven straight games over New Jersey, one win shy of the Capitals' longest winning streak against the Devils (eight straight between November 10, 1982 to December 1, 1983 as well as eight straight between November 30, 1985 to December 9, 1986).
- Alex Ovechkin has recorded 43 points (19 G, 24 A) in 41 career games against the Devils. His 43 career points against the Devils are the sixth most in the league among active players.
- Braden Holtby is 10-5-0 with a 1.87 GAA in 15 home starts this season. His three shutouts at home are tied with Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk for the most in the league this season.
- New Jersey is 0-5-1 over its last six road games, getting outscored 24-8 during the six-game stretch.
- Taylor Hall has registered 23 points through his first 27 games with the Devils, the most by any player through their first 27 games with New Jersey since Adam Henrique recorded 23 points in his first 27 games as a Devil between the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
- Cory Schneider is 0-3-2 with a 2.98 GAA and .887 save percentage in his last five games against Washington.