The Devils (10-6-5) will face off against the Jets (10-12-2) in Winnipeg on Tuesday night.
According to STATS:
- New Jersey lost, 4-3, in a shootout with Pittsburgh at PPG Paints Arena on Saturday night, dropping its fourth straight road game in the process. The Devils went 1-for-2 with the man-advantage against the Pens, lighting the lamp on the power play for a season-high third consecutive game.
- Winnipeg defeated Nashville, 3-0, on Sunday at MTS Centre, snapping its five-game losing streak with the victory. The Jets have shut out three opponents in 2016-17 -- tied for third most in the NHL (Wild and Senators -- 4).
- Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the Devils and Jets this season. New Jersey and Winnipeg split two games in 2015-16, each defeating the other 3-1 on the road. Four of the last five tilts between these clubs have ended with a score of 3-1 (Jets have won three of those).
- Michael Cammalleri lit the lamp twice Saturday night, giving him four goals and four helpers during his current three-game point streak, and seven markers in his last five skates overall. Cammalleri has eight points (3g, 5a) in his last eight games vs. the Thrashers/Jets.
- Mark Scheifele potted his 12th goal of the season Sunday, and enters tonight with 24 points in 2016-17 -- third most in the NHL. Scheifele has lit the lamp in two straight games against the Devils, and three times in his last four skates against New Jersey overall.
- Winnipeg has scored an NHL-high 30 third-period goals in 2016-17. New Jersey has just 15 third-period markers this season (tied for third fewest in hockey).
© 2016 by STATS.