The New Jersey Devils face the Tampa Bay Lightning on the road Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Devils have gone 9-2-2 over their last 13 road games against the Lightning, while four of the last five games in Tampa Bay were decided by a single goal.
- Each of the Lightning's last five games have been decided by at least three goals -- tied for the second-longest such streak in the NHL this season (Calgary has an active such streak of seven games entering the weekend).
- The Devils, who have lost back-to-back road games by 3-2 margins, have scored more than three goals just once over their last 23 road games.
- With a victory on Saturday, the Lightning will reach 45 wins for the third consecutive season. Prior to the 2013-14 season, the Lightning had won at least 45 games just twice (46 in both 2003-04 and 2010-11).
- Kyle Palmieri has scored 29 goals this season -- one more than he had in his previous two seasons combined. With one more goal, he will become the Devils' first 30-goal scorer since the 2011-12 season, when Ilya Kovalchuk, Zach Parise and David Clarkson all had at least 30 goals.
- Steven Stamkos, who has scored seven goals over his last nine overall games, has scored six goals over his last seven games against the Devils.