The Devils head to Pittsburgh to play the Penguins on Friday night at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- New Jersey defeated Philadelphia, 4-0, at Prudential Center last night, snapping its seven-game losing streak, and recording the club's first shutout of the season. The Devils scored twice on the power play for the third time of the season last night (3-0-0 record in those games).
- Pittsburgh was blown out, 7-1, by Columbus at Nationwide Arena last night, losing for the first time in regulation this month (Pens were 8-0-2 in first 10 games in December). The Penguins have allowed seven or more goals twice in 2016-17 (tied for most of any team in the league).
- The Penguins defeated the Devils, 4-3, in a shootout at PPG Paints Arena in these clubs' first meeting of the season (November 26). Dating to the beginning of 2013-14, Pittsburgh has won six of its last seven home tilts vs. New Jersey, including shutting out the Devils in three of those contests.
- P.A. Parenteau had a goal and a helper last night, giving him six points (3g, 3a) in his last seven skates (had eight points in first 24 games of the season). Parenteau has not scored a single point in any of his last 13 games vs. the Penguins.
- Sidney Crosby scored the game's first goal last night, giving him an NHL-high 23 markers on the season. Crosby has scored the first goal of the game seven times in 2016-17 -- tied with Auston Matthews for most of any skater in hockey.
- Pittsburgh is one of four clubs yet to lose when leading entering the third period this season (11-0-0 record). New Jersey has won five games when trailing after two periods in 2016-17 -- second most of any team in the league (Chicago -- 6).
© 2016 by STATS