The Devils are in Buffalo on Tuesday to take on the Sabres at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Devils were blanked, 4-0, by the Islanders at Barclays Center on Sunday night, snapping their season-high tying five-game point streak with the setback. New Jersey has allowed 4+ goals just five times in 2015-16 -- tied for third fewest of any team in the league.
- Buffalo scored two goals in the last 4:14 of the game, and beat Detroit, 2-1, at Joe Louis Arena last night, recording its second straight win by identical scores (beat Kings, 2-1, on Saturday). The Sabres are 2-2-0 in the second of back-to-back tilts this season.
- The Devils beat the Sabres, 4-3, in these clubs' first meeting of the season on October 24 at First Niagara Center. Dating to January 6 last season, New Jersey has defeated Buffalo four straight times overall by a combined score of 12-6.
- Adam Henrique, who was kept off the score sheet for the second time in his last three skates Sunday night, has nine points (5g, 4a) in his last nine games. Including his only two-goal game of the season the first time these clubs met in 2015-16, Henrique has six points (2g, 4a) during his current three-game scoring streak vs. the Sabres.
- Ryan O'Reilly potted his team-leading 11th marker of the season last night, and now has four goals and seven assists during his career-high tying eight-game point streak. Including three points (1g, 2a) in these clubs' first meeting of the year, O'Reilly has four goals and four helpers in his last seven skates vs. the Devils.
- Both the Devils and the Sabres have +4 power-play goal differentials in 2015-16 -- tied for fourth best in the NHL.