The Devils (6-3-3) take on the Sabres (5-5-3) on Friday night at 7 p.m. in Buffalo.
According to STATS...
- The Devils beat the Hurricanes, 3-2, in a shootout at Prudential Center Tuesday night, sweeping the home-and-home series with Carolina, and improving to 5-0-1 at home this season. New Jersey has just one win in six 2016-17 road tilts (1-3-2 record).
- Buffalo dropped a 2-1 shootout with Ottawa at KeyBank Center on Wednesday night, losing its second straight and for the third time in the last four games overall. The Sabres have scored one goal or fewer six times this season -- tied for most of any Eastern Conference club.
- This is the first meeting of the season between these clubs. The Devils have won five of six games against the Sabres since the beginning of 2014-15, including all three tilts played in Buffalo.
- P.A. Parenteau lit the lamp Tuesday night, earning first-star honors, and giving him a team-high tying five markers on the season. Parenteau has scored one goal in three of his last four skates against the Sabres at KeyBank Center.
- Nicholas Baptiste potted Buffalo's lone goal Wednesday night, giving him two markers in his first eight career NHL games. One of six different rookies to skate for the Sabres this year, Baptiste is the only one to light the lamp.
- New Jersey has allowed just four goals in the first period this season -- fewest of any team in the league. Buffalo has netted just eight first-period goals in 2016-17 (tied for eighth fewest in hockey).
© 2016 by STATS