The Devils head to Ottawa to take on the Senators at 7 p.m. on Saturday night.
According to STATS...
- The Devils swept the season series versus the Senators last season by winning all three of their games versus Ottawa, the first time New Jersey has swept the season series since going 4-0-0 versus the Senators in 2008-09. The Devils have won each of their last three road games versus the Senators.
- The Devils extended their losing streak to four games by falling, 5-2, at St. Louis on Thursday, tied for New Jersey's longest losing streak of the season. The Devils have been outscored, 19-5, during their current losing streak.
- The Senators extended their losing streak to three games by losing at home to the Sharks, 4-3, in a shootout on Wednesday, Ottawa's longest losing streak of the season. Prior to Wednesday's loss, Ottawa had been a perfect 3-0-0 in games that ended in a shootout this season.
- Adam Henrique had one goal and one assist on Thursday, his third game with one of each this season. The Devils have lost each of the last two games in which Henrique has scored after losing just one of the first five such games this season.
- Dion Phaneuf matched his 2015-16 season total by scoring his fourth goal of this season on Wednesday. Phaneuf has not scored a goal in consecutive games played since scoring in two straight games in March of 2014.
- Kyle Turris scored his 12th goal of the season on Wednesday, one shy of his 2015-16 season total. Turris, who currently leads the Senators in goals, is looking to become the fourth player all-time to lead Ottawa in goals in three or more seasons; the others are Alexei Yashin (six), Dany Heatley (four) and Marian Hossa (three).
© 2016 by STATS