The New Jersey Devils face the Dallas Stars on the road Friday at 8:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Devils defeated the Predators, 5-4, in overtime at Bridgestone Arena last night, snapping their three-game losing streak with the win. New Jersey has allowed four or more goals just 13 times in 2015-16 -- tied for second fewest of any NHL club.
- Dallas dropped a 5-3 decision in Nashville on Tuesday night, losing its fourth straight tilt, and falling to 1-5-2 in its last eight contests overall. The Stars have allowed an average of 3.73 goals per game since the 2016 All-Star break -- second most in the league (Arizona -- 3.80).
- New Jersey beat Dallas, 3-2, in overtime in these clubs' first meeting of the season on January 2 at Prudential Center. Dating to January 30, 2014, the Devils and Stars have split four contests, with three of those needing either overtime or a shootout to decide a winner.
- Adam Henrique lit the lamp twice last night (including the game-winner), earning first-star accolades, and giving him three markers in his last two skates. Henrique has had two helpers (zero goals) in each of his last two games vs. the Stars.
- Jason Spezza netted a goal Tuesday night, and now has four markers in his last five skates overall. Spezza has a goal and three assists during his current three-game point streak vs. the Devils.
- New Jersey is 4-3-2 (.556) in the second of back-to-back games this season (11th in the NHL). Dallas is 12-3-2 (.765) when getting two or more days off between games in 2015-16 -- best in the league.