The Devils (18-18-9) travel to Minnesota to take on the Wild (28-9-5) on Tuesday.
According to STATS:
- New Jersey's 2-1 overtime win over the Wild on October 22 extended the Devils' winning streak versus MInnesota to three games. New Jersey boasts a record of 12-5-2-0 in the all-time series, though the Devils are just 4-4-1-0 as the road team in those games.
- After posting consecutive 2-1 victories at Calgary and Vancouver, the Devils will now seek their first three-game winning streak since taking five in a row between November 6 and November 15.
- The Wild's 3-2 victory at Chicago on Sunday, when they overcame a 2-0 deficit, lifted Minnesota into a two-point lead over the Blackhawks in the Western Conference. And the Wild have played four fewer games than Chicago.
- Cory Schneider stopped 21 of 22 shots in Sunday's victory at Vancouver, when he lowered his GAA in January to 1.74, the second lowest in the NHL this month (minimum 5 GS). Schneider's .940 save percentage in January ranks third.
- With positive ratings in each of his last four games, Ryan Suter has boosted his season plus-minus to +28, the best mark in franchise history. Suter has seen at least 20 minutes of ice time in each of his last 202 games played, the third-longest active streak in the league.
- By winning on Sunday, Devan Dubnyk improved to 23-7-3 this season. The 23 victories are tied with Manny Fernandez (2005-06) and Niklas Backstrom (2009-10) for the most ever by any Minnesota Wild goaltender prior to the All-Star (or Olympic) break.
© 2017 by STATS.