The Devils take on the Canadiens at the Prudential Center on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Canadiens beat the Devils, 5-2, at home on December 8 and are 9-2-2 versus New Jersey since the start of the 2013 calendar year. Montreal has won each of its last two games played against the Devils; the Canadiens have not won three straight versus New Jersey since winning three in a row from January 24 -- March 11, 2008.
- The Canadiens lost at home to the Penguins, 4-1, on Wednesday, their second consecutive loss. Montreal has scored just one goal (total) over its last two games, its fewest goals scored over a two-game span since lighting the lamp just once over a two-game span from March 19-20, 2016.
- The Devils extended their win streak to three games with a 4-3 victory at Minnesota on Tuesday. New Jersey trailed 2-0 in the second period before eventually coming back to win, the Devils' third comeback win when trailing by multiple goals this season (and their first such win since December 3 at Nashville).
- Sven Andrighetto scored the Canadiens' only goal on Wednesday, his second of the season. Andrighetto is looking to light the lamp in consecutive games for just the second time in his career (did so on November 25 and 27, 2015).
- Max Pacioretty has scored a goal in each of his last two games played against the Devils and has recorded a point in each of his last four versus New Jersey. Pacioretty has had at least one point in 13 of his last 17 games played against the Devils, totaling eight goals and six assists versus New Jersey over that span.
- Kyle Palmieri had one goal and one assist on Tuesday, his fifth multi-point game of the season (all five of which have come on the road). Palmieri has totaled 19 points on the road and just eight at home this season.
© 2017 by STATS