The New Jersey Devils host the Montreal Canadiens on Monday at Prudential Center at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- Montreal beat Toronto, 3-2, in overtime at Air Canada Centre on Saturday night, winning its second straight road tilt for the first time since January 7 (at Toronto) and 11 (at Winnipeg). The Habs are 26-1-4 when netting at least three goals in 2016-17.
- The Devils dropped a 4-3 overtime decision to the Rangers at Prudential Center on Saturday night, and have now lost three straight, and four of their last five games overall. Dating to December 8, New Jersey has lost 14 straight games when allowing four or more goals (0-12-2 record).
- The Canadiens have taken the first two meetings of the season with the Devils, 5-2 at Bell Centre on December 8, and 3-1 at Prudential Center on January 20. Dating to the beginning of 2014-15, Montreal is 6-0-2 vs. New Jersey overall.
- Max Pacioretty lit the lamp Saturday night, and is now just one marker shy of recording his fourth straight season with 30+ goals. Pacioretty has five points (3g, 2a) during his current five-game scoring streak against the Devils, including a goal in each of each of the last three contests.
- Kyle Palmieri had two markers Saturday night, giving him five points (3g, 2a) during his season-high tying three-game scoring streak. Palmieri leads the Devils with 18 goals on the season.
- Montreal's blueliners have combined to score 32 goals in 2016-17 -- most of any Eastern Conference club, and third in the league overall. Devils' defensemen have totaled 23 markers this season (20th in NHL).