The Devils (12-13-7) battle against the Flyers (20-11-4) in Newark on Thursday.
According to STATS:
- Philadelphia beat Washington, 3-2, in a shootout last night, snapping a two-game losing streak, and improving to 11-1-1 in its last 13 tilts overall. The Flyers are 20-11-4 in 2016-17 -- it took them 43 games to garner win No. 20 last season (did so on January 17).
- The Devils were shellacked, 5-1, at home by the Predators on Tuesday night, and have now dropped seven straight games overall (0-6-1 record). New Jersey has allowed at least five goals five times in its last 13 contests -- tied with Anaheim for most of any NHL club since Thanksgiving.
- Tonight marks the first of five meetings between the Flyers and Devils in 2016-17. The road team won each of the four tilts in the 2015-16 season series.
- Claude Giroux lit the lamp unassisted last night, snapping his five-game goalless streak, and giving him 10 markers on the season. Giroux has six points (1g, 5a) during his current three-game scoring streak vs. the Devils.
- Andy Greene and Damon Severson both assisted on Sergey Kalinin's first goal of the season Tuesday night. New Jersey has gotten just 36 helpers from its blueliners this season -- second fewest of any NHL club.
- The Flyers are 6-1-1 (.813) in the second of back-to-back games this season -- second best in the league. The Devils are 3-2-2 when facing teams in the second of back-to-backs in 2016-17.
© 2016 by STATS.