The New Jersey Devils host the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday at Prudential Center at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Jets won the first matchup between these teams this season. A win tonight would give Winnipeg a sweep of the season series for just the third time in franchise history (first two were 2005-06 as the Thrashers and 2013-14 as the Jets).
- Winnipeg won at home Sunday, 2-1, against Vancouver scoring both goals on the power-play. The Jets have scored a power-play goal in seven straight games, their longest streak since moving to Winnipeg (had two streaks of eight as the Thrashers, which are tied for the longest in franchise history).
- Adam Lowry scored the game-winning goal for the Jets Sunday. It was his first game-winning goal of the season, but half of his 14 goals on the year have come in the third period.
- New Jersey lost in overtime at home Sunday, 2-1, to Dallas. The Devils have lost 13 games in overtime or shootout this season, third most in the NHL behind Toronto (15) and Carolina (14).
- The Devils have won just two of their last 17 games, and their 2-12-3 (.206) record since February 19 is the worst in the NHL. The seven points in 17 games is the worst 17-game by New Jersey since the 2010-11 season.
- Blake Coleman scored the only goal of the game for the Devils Sunday, his first career goal. He was the 27th player to score a goal for New Jersey this season, which is the most by any NHL team.