The Devils (20-19-9) look to continue their recent success when they take on the Los Angeles Kings (22-21-4) in Newark on Tuesday.
According to STATS:
- The Kings lost, 3-2, to the Rangers at Madison Square Garden last night, and have now dropped a season-high four straight regulation games. Los Angeles has potted two or fewer goals in each of its last four tilts -- tied for its longest such streak of the year.
- New Jersey walloped Philadelphia, 4-1, at Wells Fargo Center on Saturday night, winning its fourth straight road game in a row. However, the Devils have dropped four consecutive home tilts, scoring two or fewer goals in each setback (0-3-1 record during streak).
- The Kings defeated the Devils, 4-2, at Staples Centers in these clubs' first meeting of the campaign on November 19. Dating to 2011-12, Los Angeles and New Jersey have split their last four games at Prudential Center, each skating off with two victories.
- Jordan Nolan had a goal and an assist last night, snapping his 13-game pointless streak, and recording his second multi-point game of the season. Six of Nolan's seven points in 2016-17 have come in road games (3g, 3a).
- Miles Wood lit the lamp twice in Saturday night's triumph, recording the first multi-goal game of his NHL career, and earning first-star accolades for the performance. Wood has seven markers on the season -- tied for second most of any Devils' rookie in the last five seasons.
- Los Angeles is 3-3-1 in the second of back-to-back tilts this season. New Jersey is 5-5-3 when getting two or more days off between games in 2016-17.
© 2017 by STATS.