The New Jersey Devils host the Tampa Bay Lightning at Prudential Center on Friday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Devils have won 12 of their last 15 home games against the Lightning, despite both teams scoring exactly 12 power-play goals over the stretch.
- The Devils, who have lost four of their last five games, have seen three of their last five games decided by at least three goals.
- While the Lightning have scored just nine of their 36 power-play goals on the road this season, the Devils have scored on 40 percent (10/25) of their power plays at home since January 21.
- The last time the Lightning faced the Devils (last April 9 at home), both Nikita Kucherov and Ondrej Palat had a trio of assists, which marked just the second time since the 2011-12 season that the Lightning had a pair of skaters with at least three assists in a game (also December 31, 2014 vs. Sabres -- Tyler Johnson and Palat, both three).
- Kyle Palmieri scored his eighth power-play goal of the season at home on Tuesday night. Over his first five NHL seasons, Palmieri scored a total of just seven power-play goals.
- Steven Stamkos has scored a goal in each of his last four games -- tied (with Toronto's Josh Leivo) for the longest active goal streak in the NHL.