The Devils host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Devils beat the Maple Leafs at home, 5-4, in a shootout on November 23. New Jersey has won six of its 10 games played versus Toronto since the start of the 2013-14 season, with all four losses coming in shootouts; six of the 10 games, overall, were decided by a shootout.
- The Maple Leafs lost, 6-5, in overtime at Washington on Tuesday, snapping their five-game win streak in the process. The five goals scored by Toronto were its most in any loss this season.
- The Devils won, 3-1, at Carolina on Tuesday, scoring three goals on just 18 shots on goal. Prior to Tuesday's win, New Jersey had not scored three or more goals on 18 or fewer shots on goal in a single game since winning, 3-0, at San Jose on March 10, 2016 despite totaling just 16 shots on goal.
- Mitchell Marner had one goal and one assist on Tuesday, his second straight game with a goal; Marner has never scored a goal in three straight games. Marner now has nine multi-point games, tied with Auston Matthews for the second most among rookies this season (Patrik Laine -- 11).
- Connor Brown scored a goal on Tuesday, his fourth goal in his last six games played after totaling just five goals in his first 38 career games played. Brown has totaled eight points (four goals and four assists) over his last six games.
- Kyle Palmieri had one goal and one assist on Tuesday, his third multi-point game of the season. Palmieri has now scored four goals in his last seven games played after totaling four goals in his first 30 games played this season.
© 2017 by STATS