The Devils (12-12-7) welcome the Nashville Predators (14-12-5) to Newark on Tuesday night.
According to STATS:
- Each of the last two meetings between these teams has been won 5-4 in overtime by the Devils in Nashville. The second of those games came on December 3, when New Jersey came from three goals down in the third period to force the extra period.
- New Jersey has lost a season-high six straight games (0-5-1), including all four games of its recently-completed road trip (0-3-1). The Devils are 4-11-5 on the road this season but 8-1-2 at home -- third best in the NHL.
- The Devils are one of three NHL teams without a 10-goal scorer this season, along with the Coyotes and Sabres. Michael Cammalleri leads the team with nine goals.
- Nashville has gone to a shootout in each of its last two games, falling 2-1 to the Rangers Saturday before a 2-1 win in Philadelphia last night. It was the Predators' first shootout win of the season (1-3 record).
- Filip Forsberg has four goals this season after leading Nashville with 33 last season. His decrease in goals per game (0.40 to 0.13, -0.27) is the second largest in the NHL (Shane Doan, Ari, -0.30; min. 0.5 G/Team G both seasons).
- Cory Schneider is 8-0-1 in nine home starts this season, with a 2.28 GAA and .920 save percentage.
© 2016 by STATS.