The Devils return from the All-Star break to host the Rangers at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Rangers have won each of their last four road games versus the Devils, tied for their longest road win streak versus New Jersey all-time (also from March 7, 1975 -- October 8, 1976 and from March 22, 1984 -- January 18, 1985).
- The Devils enter the second half with 112 goals scored on the season, fourth fewest in the NHL. New Jersey has been outscored, 114-112, on the season (not including shootout goals); the Devils have not made the postseason with a negative goal differential on the season since making the playoffs in 1987-88 despite being outscored, 296-295.
- The Rangers went 6-2-1 on the road through November 21, but are just 3-10-2 on the road since, being outscored by 18 (53-35) over the 15 games. New York went 28-11-2 (.707) on the road last season but is just 9-12-3 (.438) in road games this season -- the largest decline in road win percentage by any team from last season to this one.
- Mats Zuccarello has scored 18 goals in 49 games played this season, one shy of his career-high (had 19 in 77 games played in 2013-14). However, Zuccarello scored just two goals in January (his fewest in any month this season), and has not scored a goal on the road since December 30 at Tampa Bay.
- Derick Brassard had two goals and three assists versus Buffalo on January 25, his last game played before the All-Star break. Brassard's five-point game was the first five-point regular-season game by a New York Ranger since Ryan Callahan had five points versus the Flyers on March 6, 2011.
- Kyle Palmieri has recorded seven power-play goals in 50 games played this season after totaling seven power-play goals through his first five career NHL seasons (in 198 games played). Palmieri's 20 goals, overall, and 35 points this season are each single-season career-highs, and his 15 assists are two shy of his career-high (17 in 2013-14).