The Devils host the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- Detroit beat Buffalo, 4-3, at First Niagara Center on Saturday, snapping its three-game losing streak with the victory. The Red Wings are 11-0-0 when netting at least four goals this season (8-13-7 in all other games).
- The Devils defeated the Stars, 3-2, in overtime at Prudential Center on Saturday night, winning their third straight tilt in the process. Including each of its last three wins, New Jersey is 17-1-1 when scoring at least three goals this season (3-13-4 in all other games).
- New Jersey has won each of the first two meetings with Detroit in 2015-16, with both victories coming by a single marker. The Wings have scored at least one power-play goal in four straight road games vs. the Devils, while New Jersey has lit the lamp with the man-advantage in five straight home tilts against Detroit.
- Riley Sheehan potted his sixth goal of the season Saturday, giving him three markers in his last six skates (had three goals in first 36 games of the season). Sheehan lit the lamp once in the Wings' last game vs. the Devils, and has two goals in his last four skates against New Jersey overall.
- Kyle Palmieri lit the lamp Saturday night, giving him four goals in his last five skates, and a team-high 17 on the season. Palmieri has a goal and a helper in each of his first two games against the Wings this season.
- Detroit it one of just two NHL clubs yet to be shut out in 2015-16 (also Minnesota). New Jersey has blanked three opponents this season (tied for third most in the Eastern Conference).