The Devils look to win their second game in a row as they take on the Red Wings at the Prudential Center on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- Detroit beat Buffalo, 2-1, in a shootout at KeyBank Center on Wednesday night, snapping its four-game losing streak in the process. The Wings went 0-for-2 with the man-advantage against the Sabres, dropping their power-play conversion rate to 8.3 percent in the last seven games (2-for-24).
- New Jersey defeated Toronto, 5-4, in a shootout at Prudential Center on Wednesday night, snapping its three-game losing streak with the win. The Devils went 1-for-3 with the man-advantage against the Leafs, ending their streak without a power-play goal at nine games.
- The Wings and Devils are set to face off for the first time of the season tonight. Detroit is 6-2-1 vs. New Jersey since joining the Eastern Conference in 2013-14.
- Gustav Nyquist lit the lamp Wednesday night, giving him a point in back-to-back skates, and ending his goalless drought at 13 games. Nyquist has nine points (2g, 7a) in 10 career games against the Devils.
- Michael Cammalleri had a goal and three helpers Wednesday night, giving him seven points (4g, 3a) in his last three games, and recording his first 4+ point performance since February 13, 2013 vs. Dallas (3g, 1a in that contest). Cammalleri has zero points in his last three skates against the Red Wings.
- New Jersey is 5-5-1 (.500) when scoring first in 2016-17 -- worst in the NHL. The Devils are 5-1-2 (.750) when their opponent scores first this season -- tied with the Rangers for best in the league.
© 2016 by STATS