The New Jersey Devils host the Buffalo Sabres at Prudential Center at 7 p.m. ET on Monday.
According to STATS...
- The Devils are 7-1-0 against the Sabres since the beginning of the 2014-15 season. That is tied for their most wins against any one team during that span (also Philadelphia and Carolina).
- New Jersey won at Columbus Saturday, 5-1, in the second game of a back-to-back. The four-goal margin matched the Devils' largest victory of the season (beat the Flyers, 4-0, on December 22).
- Taylor Hall scored two goals Saturday against the Blue Jackets, his third multi-goal game of the season. Hall has now recorded at least one point in nine of his last 11 games after tallying points in just four of his previous 13 games.
- Buffalo shut out Ottawa at home Saturday, 4-0. It was the Sabres' first shutout since October 29, 2016 against Florida (3-0), and it was their largest margin of victory since the second game of the season (6-2 at Edmonton October 16).
- The Sabres have earned a point in each of their last six home games, including five wins. On the flip side, Buffalo has won just two of its last eight road games, allowing four or more goals in seven of those contests.
- Jack Eichel notched a pair of assists against the Senators, his eighth multi-point game of the season. The Sabres are a perfect 8-0-0 when Eichel tallies at least two points in a game this season.