The Devils host the Flames at Prudential Center at 7:30 p.m. on Friday night.
According to STATS...
- The Flames won, 5-1, on Wednesday versus the Minnesota Wild. Calgary had two power-play (in four opportunities) and now has had eight special-team goals (7 PPG + 1 SHG) in its last seven games.
- The Devils won, 4-3, on Tuesday at Detroit behind shorthanded goals from Kyle Palmieri and Adam Henrique. It was the first time the Devils have had multiple shorthanded goals in a game since December 8, 2011 versus Ottawa (shorthanded goals by Zach Parise and Dainius Zubrus).
- This is the second and final meeting of the season between the Flames and Devils. The Devils won, 2-1, on January 13 at Calgary behind 31 saves from netminder Keith Kinkaid. The Flames are 1-6-1 against the Metropolitan Division this season.
- Sean Monahan had two goals on Wednesday versus Minnesota, and now has eight goals in his last nine games. Monahan had just 10 goals in the first 44 games of the season.
- Adam Henrique had a shorthanded goal and 10 faceoff wins on Tuesday at Detroit. It was the fifth time Henrique has had a shorthanded goal and 10+ faceoff wins in the same game since 2011-12, tied second most in the NHL.
- Kyle Palmieri had two goals on Tuesday at Detroit, and now has nine goals in his last 19 games after having just four goals in his first 30 games of the season.
© 2017 by STATS