The Devils host the Islanders at 7 p.m. on Saturday night.
According to STATS:
- This will be the first meeting this season between the Islanders and Devils. New York is 7-0-1 in its last eight road games versus New Jersey, shutting the Devils out in two of its last three games played at Prudential Center in Newark.
- The Islanders beat the Rangers, 4-2, at home despite trailing, 1-0, at the end of the first period, their 10th comeback win of the season. New York is now 15-6-4 since December 20, the fourth-best record in the NHL over that span (entering the weekend).
- The Devils were shut out, 3-0, at home versus the Senators on Thursday, the 12th time they have been shut out since the start of last season; only the Canucks (16) and Avalanche (14) have been shut out more times over that span, entering the weekend.
- Andrew Ladd had two goals on Thursday, his third multi-goal game of the season (matching his single-season career high; had three multi-goal games in each of the previous five seasons as well). Ladd has totaled 11 goals at home this season, compared to just three on the road.
- John Tavares had two assists on Thursday and is now two points shy of his seventh career 50-point season, which would be tied for four most by an Islander all-time behind Denis Potvin (13), Bryan Trottier (13) and Mike Bossy (10).
- Travis Zajac has totaled 31 career points versus the Islanders, his second most versus any single opponent (32 versus the Flyers).
© 2017 by STATS