The Devils host the Florida Panthers on Thursday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- After getting shutout by the Islanders, the Devils blanked Buffalo in their next game. It was the first time New Jersey allowed no goals in the game immediately after scoring no goals since November 7, 2013.
- The Panthers scored five goals on just 16 shots in their win over the Islanders on Tuesday. Their shooting percentage of 31.3 percent was the fourth-highest single-game figure in team history.
- Adam Henrique, Kyle Palmieri, and Mike Cammalleri each have at least 10 goals and 10 assists this season, tied for the most such players by any Eastern Conference team with the Rangers and the Seantors.
- 19-year-old Aaron Ekblad has 39 career points, currently tied with Bryan Berard and one point behind Cam Fowler (40) and Scott Niedermayer (40) for the most points by a defenseman as a teenager since 1987-88.
- Corey Schneider notched his second shutout on the year Tuesday at Buffalo. It was the 18th time this season Schneider has posted a save percentage of .920 or better, the most of any goaltender.
- Roberto Luongo's 10-16-0 (.385) career record against the Devils is his third worst against any opponent (Rangers, .370; Canucks, .375). Luongo's three-game losing streak to New Jersey is his longest since dropping six straight from November 13, 2003 -- January 3, 2006.