The Devils welcome the Red Wings to New Jersey on Friday for a 7 p.m. game.
According to STATS...
- The Red Wings have won four straight as well as 11 of their last 14 games against the Devils. Detroit has a power play of 28.0 percent (14-50) in those games.
- Detroit is currently riding a 12-game point streak (8-0-4) with their last regulation loss coming on November 14 at Boston. Their last point streak of at least 13 games in a single season was a 20-gamer from March 9, 2006 - April 17, 2006.
- Justin Abdelkader has five goals in the last five games after scoring just once over his previous 22 games. Abdelkader has a shooting percentage of 29.4 this month (5-for-17).
- Detroit has scored the first goal of the game 20 times this season, most in the NHL. They have a 15-2-3 record in those contests.
- Mike Cammalleri had a streak of three consecutive multi-point games snapped on Tuesday at Toronto. He posted four goals and three assists in those three games. Cammalleri's nine multi-point games on the season leads the Devils.
- Cory Schneider has allowed two goals or fewer in 14 of his past 16 starts after giving up three or more in four of his first seven starts of the season.