The Giants dropped their first preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, 20-12, at MetLife Stadium on Friday night.
Here is what head coach Ben McAdoo said about his players following the matchup...
- Thought QBs Josh Johnson and Geno Smith did good things, but there were inconsistencies from both.
- S Duke Ihenacho tweaked his hamstring while LB Calvin Munson suffered a knee contusion as the Giants' only notable injuries in the game.
- McAdoo said DT Jay Bromley was playing "with some hostility out there." He is in contention to secure the wide-open defensive tackle position next to Damon Harrison.
- RB Paul Perkins needs to make the safety miss or run him over when he gets the one-on-one matchups according to McAdoo.
- LB Keenan Robinson remains in concussion protocol.
- TE Rhett Ellison got off to "a good start in a Giant uniform."
- McAdoo thought S Darian Thompson was "a little rusty," but it was good to see him back on the field.