In Week 13, the Giants (4-7) head to our nation’s capital to take on the Washington Redskins (3-8).
As much as it’s looking like the Giants’ season is over, this is still a divisional game. It’s the first time these teams will meet this season.
Here are some interesting Giants’ notes about this week’s opponent:
- This will be the 161st game between the Giants and Redskins all-time. Big Blue is 92-64-4 in the series.
- Andre Brown rushed for a career-high 127 yards against the Cowboys, just two weeks after he set a career-high with 115 yards against the Raiders. It was his third career 100-plus-yard rushing game.
- The Giants tied their season-high with four sacks of Tony Romo. Cullne Jenkins had two, Justin tuck had one and Mathias Kiwauka and Linval Joseph split the fourth.
Here are some Giants-Redskins connections:
- In one of his man stops along the way, Andre Brown signed with the Redskins in November, 2010.
- Giants’ offensive line coach Pat Flaherty was the tight ends coach with the Redskins during the 2000 season and helped earn Stephen Alexander an invitation to the Pro Bowl.
- Redskins’ nose tackle Barry Cofield was a member of the Giants from 2006-2010. He started in 78 regular season games and six postseason games and was a member of the Super Bowl XLII championship team.
- Victor Cruz gained over 100 yards receiving in both games again the Redskins last season. He caught seven passes for 131 yards and touchdown on Oct. 21, 2012 and five passes for 104 yards on Dec. 3, 2012.
- Eli Manning is 11-6 in his career against the Redskins. In eight of those games, he’s thrown for over 250 yards.
- Manning is five completions away from passing Jim Everett for 21st place on the NFL all-time pass completion list.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.