In Week 15, the Giants (5-8) host the Seattle Seahawks (11-2) in a game in which Big Blue has little shot of winning.
The Giants were officially eliminated from playoff contention against the Chargers, while the Seahawks currently hold the No. 1 seed in the NFC.
Here are some interesting Giants’ notes about this week’s opponent:
- The Giants are 9-6 all-time against the Seahawks, but head coach Tom Coughlin is 3-6. The last time the Seahawks visited MetLife Stadium on Oct. 9, 2011, they defeated the Giants 36-25.
- In his only career game against the Seahawks, Victor Cruz caught eight passes for 161 yards, including a 68-yard touchdown reception.
- Brandon Myers scored a touchdown for the third week in a row Sunday against the Chargers. It was his fourth touchdown grab of the season, which matches his career-high that he set last season with the Oakland Raiders.
Here are some Giants-Seahawks connections:
- Giants’ kicker Josh Brown was originally a seventh-round draft pick of the Seahawks in 2003. He played five seasons in Seattle from 2003-2007.
- Seahawks; assistant offensive line coach Pat Ruel spent the 2004 season as an offensive line coach with the Giants.
- Eli Manning is 20 pass completions away from passing Troy Aikman for 18th place on the NFL’s all-time list.
- Hakeem Nicks is 115 yards away fro passing Ike Hilliard for eighth place on the Giants’ all-time list.
- Mathias Kiwanuka is three sacks away from passing Carl Banks for eighth place on the Giants’ all-time list.