The Giants (0-6) host the Minnesota Vikings (1-4) this week on Monday Night Football.
The Vikings hold a 13-9 lead in the all-time regular season series, but the Giants are 2-1 against Minnesota in the playoffs.
Here are some interesting Giants’ notes about this week’s opponent:
- Tom Coughlin is 3-5 in the regular season against Minnesota. He won his only career matchup against Vikings’ head coach Leslie Frazier.
- The Giants are 69-88-5 all-time against the NFC North, including last Thursday night’s los to the Chicago Bears.
- The Giants overall are 22-33-1 on Monday night. They are 7-8 at home and 15-25-1 on the road. The most recent Monday night contest resulted in a 17-16 road loss to the Washington Redskins last December.
- Eli Manning is 7-4 on Monday night. He has a 62.0 percent completion rate, 20 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in those games.
Here are some Giants-Vikings connections:
- Vikings’ defensive end Justin Trattou was a member of the Giants from 2011-2013. He played in 11 games with Big Blue and recorded one tackle and four special teams tackles.
- Vikings’ special teams coordinator Mike Priefer served as an assistant special teams coach for the Giants from 2003-2005. In 2003, Priefer helped the Giants tie for second in the NFL with four blocked kicks (two punts, one field goal, one PAT).
- Manning needs 215 yards to eclipse Phil Simms as the franchise’s all-time leader in passing yards.
- Shaun Rogers is just 3-11 in his career against the Vikings. He spent seven years as a member of the Detroit Lions so played Minnesota twice per season.
- Antrel Rolle is six tackles away from 650 for his career, while Jon Beason – frsh off a 12-tackle performance against the Bears – is five tackles away from 600 career.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.