These rankings are for standard, 12 team non-PPR leagues.
13. Cedric Benson- He finally broke out last year after being given a third(?) chance by the Bengals. It’s a good situation, as they have shifted towards a rushing mentality. Unfortunately, he contributes nothing in the passing game]
14. Ryan Grant- He’s the man in Green Bay, although he’s not an explosive runner. His fantasy numbers over the past two years have been great, despite low yards per carry.
15. Ryan Matthews- Others have him ranked higher, but I’d be weary of taking a rookie RB in the second round. He couldn’t have fallen into a better situation, though.
16. Beanie Wells- Big talent, but Matt Leinart’s troubles could make for some tough games. We still don’t know exactly how many carries he’ll get, but he could explode.
17. Jonathan Stewart- If not for DeAngelo Williams, he’d be a top 12 back. Stewart is a roll of the dice, since his value is so linked to Williams. He’s a solid back when Williams is healthy, but he’ll be huge if Williams gets hurt.
18. Ronnie Brown- Serious injury concerns, means I won’t be drafting this guy. He’s a top talent, but I can’t recommend risk a second or third round pick on someone like this.
19. Felix Jones- The Cowboys’ three headed back scares me away from drafting any of them, but Jones is the one to own. He’s got the talent to be a feature back (stop me if you’ve heard this one before), so if he ends up the unquestioned leader of this situation, he’s a good second RB.
20. Matt Forte- Remember this guy? Some people were picking him as high as 4th overall last year. If Mike Martz can straighten out the Bears’ offense, Forte can again be a reliable RB, but his yards per carry has always been low, and I tend to stay away from players like that.
21. LeSean McCoy- Don’t expect the Eagles to run the ball, but McCoy has shown he can be effective in the passing game. And every time Andy Reid isn’t looking, he just might be able to pick up a few yards on the ground.
22. Javhid Best- He’s liquid excitement, and if the Lions cut him loose, he could be very valuable. That is, until he gets injured. High risk, high reward.
23. Knowshon Moreno- He just wasn’t that good last year, and the Broncos lost a major offensive weapon. He may take a step forward, but I don’t see a big ceiling.
24. Joseph Addai- I expect Donald Brown to be a bigger part of the Colts’ running game, but Addai is coming off of a 10 TD year and he’ll add a handful of scores through the air.
Stay tuned for RBs 25-36.