But just how much?
The Giants earned a series of "firsts" and caused a series of "firsts" for the 49ers.
Here are some big FIRSTS for the G-Men:
- Victor Cruz's touchdown in the first quarter was the FIRST touchdown allowed by San Francisco in 9 quarters.
- This marked the Niners' FIRST loss at Candlestick Park this season.
- Alex Smith had thrown 1 INT through his 5 previous contests. On Sunday, he threw his FIRST pick at home. On the game, he threw 3 INTs, the FIRST time he did so since Dec. 20, 2009 in a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul recorded two sacks yesterday. It was his FIRST 2-sack effort since Christmas Eve last year against the New York Jets.
- Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara snared his FIRST interception of the year yesterday. It was Amukamara's second INT of his career and his first since Nov. 20, 2011.
- Mathias Kiwanuka and Jacquian Williams each recorded their FIRST sacks of the year. Adrian Tracy registered his FIRST sack of his career.
- The victory marked the most one-sided win over the 49ers did a Divisional Playoff Game on Jan. 4, 1987. Regular-season wise, it was the largest margin of victory since Nov. 17, 1963 when NY won, 48-14.
- The Niners, who held the Jets and Bills to 3 points in their previous 2 contests, were held to 3 points. The last time the Giants held an opponent without a TD was last year's NFC Wild Card Game win v. Atlanta (24-2).
- The Giants' 6 sacks was the highest total since last year's season finale against Dallas.
- For the second time this season, the Giants did not allow a sack. It was the first time they kept Eli Manning's jersey clean and didn't turn the ball over in a game since Oct. 16, 2011 v. Buffalo.
- With the win, Giants HC Tom Coughlin moved past Bill Parcells with his 78th regular-season triumph. Coughlin is now 6-1 against San Fran.
- The 49ers had not allowed a 100-yard rusher in their previous 22 home contests before Ahmad Bradshaw totaled 116 yards yesterday. The G-Men are now 10-0 when Bradshaw tops the century mark.
- The Giants had 8 sacks entering this contest. With 6 total sacks of 49ers' QBs, Big Blue has thrust to the top half of the league with 14 total sacks (T-13th overall).