The Giants have been traditionally known for their bruising rushing attack and their smothering defense. This time around, the teams have switched personalities.
The 49ers resemble the old Giants and the Giants are more like the 49ers of the 80's. It is a strange thing to watch. The one variable to keep an eye on is the Giants' ability to change their personality back to their old form.
In the playoffs thus far, the Blue has continued to pass the football with much success while rushing the ball much like the EWF Giants of 2007 (4.6 yds per carry; 133 yds per game) - a scary combination for any defense to face.
The defense did not allow a point to the Atlanta Falcons and practically stopped the powerful, history-making Packers' offense dead in their tracks. The only TD drives the Packers could muster were both buoyed by dubious calls by the officials.
The 49ers scored 36 points last week in their win over New Orleans, but in all fairness, the Saints' pass rush is pedestrian compared to the Giants. The Niners had a +4 turnover ratio and still needed a miracle drive in the final seconds to win the game...
When it comes to betting a game with a spread less than 3 points, the mindset is that you are betting to win. The line on this game is Giants +2 1/2.
Here's some cud to chew on before you place your wager - from our friends at covers.com....good luck to all
- Giants are 7-0 ATS (against the spread) in their last 7 playoff road games.
- Giants are 6-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog.
- Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Giants are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 playoff games as an underdog.
- Giants are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 playoff games.
- Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NFC.
- 49ers are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- 49ers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0.
- 49ers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- 49ers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games as a home favorite.
- 49ers are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- 49ers are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games as a favorite.
- 49ers are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
- 49ers are 10-2-1 ATS in their last 13 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- 49ers are 5-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- 49ers are 13-3-1 ATS in their last 17 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- 49ers are 13-3-1 ATS in their last 17 games on grass.