First Quarter- Big game for the Giants, as the Cowboys, Bears Lions and Falcons all won their games. The Giants need to put the Eagles down and keep pace with the other NFC playoff contenders.
- A good first drive for the defense results in a Chas Henry punt (not to be confused with their kicker, Alex Henery).
- A wide-open Jake Ballard dropped a perfect pass on 2nd and 7, and the Giants went three and out on their first drive. DeSean Jackson was then greeted by a Giants team photo on the ensuing punt.
- Prince Amukamara intercepted the first pass thrown his way, an underthrown deep ball from Vince Young intended for DeSean Jackson. Amukamara stumbled on the play, but was able to recover and pick off Young’s flat pass. Giants fans everywhere are giddy.
- Eli Manning made his first mistake of the game, lobbing a pass directly at Jamar Chaney, who caught it for the interception. Manning was blocked into the ground by two Eagles players, and a scrum ensued. Each team was penalized for unnecessary roughness.
- Chris Canty came in unblocked and tackled LeSean McCoy in the backfield on 3rd and 1 in Giants territory, forcing the punt. So far, both Quarterbacks have made mistakes, but neither have come back to haunt their teams, although field position has swung in the Eagles’ favor.
- Two penalties on the offensive line killed the Giants’ next drive, forcing another quick drive. Good thing Steve Weatherford can punt with the best of them.
Second Quarter- A long DeSean Jackson reception set up an Alex Henery field goal from 33 yards out. Jackson has since gone to the locker room with a knee injury. The Giants need to do a better job of getting pressure, as Osi Umenyiora is being cancelled out by Jason Peters.
- After a deep drop by Hakeem Nicks (broken up by Asante Samuel) and a Jacobs stuff on third and 1, the Giants were forced to punt yet again. The Giants are lucky that the Eagles are making almost as many mistakes as they are.
- Kenny Phillips picked off a pass that deflected high into the air and probably could have also been caught by Mark Herzlich. The offense was as bad as it’s ever been, though, and handed the ball right back to the Eagles on a three-and-out, losing ten yards in the process.
- Steve Weatherford has unquestionably been the Giants’ MVP tonight, making sure the Eagles don’t kill them in field position as they so often do. This time, he pinned the Eagles inside their own two yard line.
- The Giants were bailed out by headcase DeSean Jackson’s boneheaded taunting penalty, and the NFL’s quirky rules. Jackson caught a 50-yard bomb to give the Eagles a first down around mid-field, but then Jackson tossed the ball at Perry Fewell and did a little dance. Because there was also an illegal hands to the face penalty on the Giants’ defense, the penalties cancelled out and the play was erased.
- Steve Weatherford punted the ball to DeSean Jackson, and he returned the ball all the way to the Giants’ fourteen yard line. Former Giant Steve Smith then caught a fourteen yard touchdown pass. That cracking sound you hear is every Giants fan throwing their remote through their TV screen.
- Lawrence Tynes knocked through a 48-point field goal to make it a seven point game.
Third Quarter- The Giants get the ball first and need to come out strong. Jake Ballard has dropped two easy catches, and a couple of other Giants receivers have let their quarterback down with big drops as well. If they don’t turn things around, the Giants are thirty minutes away from one of the most embarrassing losses in recent memory.
- The Giants came out and got two first downs, both via Eagles penalties. When the Eagles stopped gifting them free yards, the Giants were unable to pick up the first down, and Weatherford was forced to punt again.
- Injury updates: DJ Ware has a concussion and is OUT. Chris Snee has cramps and should return. Derrick Martin has a hamstring injury and is OUT.
- Another three and out. Time for the Giants to run a no-huddle offense.
- Vince Young drove the Eagles’ offense into the red zone, but was picked off by Aaron Ross on a terrible lob to the back of the end zone.
Fourth Quarter- The necessary adjustments were not made at halftime, as it’s been more of the same. The Giants’ offense has been stagnant, and the defense has bent but not broken. The Giants have fifteen minutes to re-write this script.
- Cornerback Michael Coe is questionable to return with a shoulder injury.
- A little no-huddle goes a long way. Eli Manning made two huge throws, the first a 47-yarder to Nicks along the sideline, the second a 24-yard touchdown pass to Cruz to tie the game. Cruz burned Nnamdi Asomugha once again.
- Jake Ballard is heading to the locker room to have x-rays on his elbow.
- Vince Young answered back with an 18-play drive that resulted in a touchdown pass to fourth stringer Riley Cooper. If the Giants can’t defend against Vince Young to Riley Cooper, it might not be worth it to watch their games against the Saints and Packers.
- Eli Manning was sacked and fumbled the ball, and it was recovered by the Eagles. Goodnight.