The Saints (7-3) are 7 1/2 point favorites. The over/under is 51.
The Giants lead the series, 14-11. The two teams have never met in the playoffs. NYG Head Coach Tom Coughlin is 2-3 against the Saints in his career (0-2 with the Giants). NO Head Coach Sean Payton is 2-0 against his former team. Payton was a Giants' assistant coach from 1999-2002 and served as OC under Jim Fassel.
More connections: Giants P Steve Weatherford was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Saints in 2006 and handled punting duties from 2006-08...New York QB Eli Manning prepped at Newman (New Orleans, La.) HS, starred at Mississippi and is the son of former Saints QB Archie Manning...RB Mark Ingram Jr.’s father Mark Ingram Sr. was a first round draft pick of the Giants in 1987 and played for them for seven seasons...
The Giants' defense has forced at least one turnover in 23 straight regular season games, the longest active streak in the NFL. The Giants have a +7 turnover ratio this season. New Orleans has a -5.
Since Payton became head coach, the Saints have posted a 16-6 (.727) record in the month of November. Since 2008, the Saints have posted the NFL’s best record in the month with a 12-2 mark, winning their last 10 games in November.
The Giants are 17-38-2 ATS (against the spread) in their last 57 games in November.
Something's Gotta Give
- Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Monday games.
- Giants are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game.
- Giants are 17-7 ATS in their last 24 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Giants are 30-14 ATS in their last 44 road games.
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games.
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a home favorite.
- Saints are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.