Logistically, it made no sense. There is too much housekeeping to do down here. Uprooting an entire organization 150 miles north at the drop of a hat was just too tall a task. Especially if your organization is, well, disorganized.
2011 has not been a normal year. There have been no mini-camps, no rookie camp, no OTAs, no free agent signings and limited monitoring of players rehabbing from off-season surgeries.
The Giants made the right decision. I know it pained John Mara to break his word to the powers that be in Albany, but he has to do what is best for his people. This was best.
Some quick links for you to chew on.....
- The New York Football Minute
- Tiki Headed to UFL?
- Giants Absence in Albany Makes for a Bummer of a Summer for Upstate Fans, Businesses
- Deadspin Releases Confidential NFL Financial Statements
- Eagles' DeSean Jackson Utters Gay Slurs on the Air
- Peyton Manning Says Lockout Inhibited His Rehab From Neck Surgery