The Giants battled, clawed and never gave up in their season finale 36-35 loss to the Dallas Coyboys on Sunday at Metlife Stadium. Saquon Barkley set a new NFL record for a rookie running back and QB Eli Manning completed 356 of 535 passes for 3,998 yards on the year.
Things to know about Sunday's game
1) On his first completion, Manning surpassed 4,000 passing yards for the seventh time in his career. The QB finished 24-of-41 for 301 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.
2) Barkley caught his 89th pass just before halftime of New York's season finale in front of the chilly home crowd at Metlife. That's the most receptions in a single season by a rookie RB in NFL history. Reggie Bush (88) set the previous mark in 2006.
3) Cody Latimer made a one-handed catch to put Giants on the board 15 seconds before halftime. He finished with 72 receiving yards and a touchdown.
4) Giants took the lead for the first time in the fourth quarter on Wayne Gallman II's first career rushing TD.
5) With the loss, the Giants should have a top 7 pick in the NFL draft depending on the outcome of remaining games.