2. Saints (5-2) - Wow. We knew the Saints were far superior to the Colts, but that looked a match up of LSU and my high school football team.
3. 49ers (5-1) - Few picked the 49ers to be 5-1 right now, but looking at their schedule, this team could pretty easily end up 12-4.
4. Lions (5-2) - The luster is starting to come off, as they have now lost two straight games, albeit to good teams. They better win this week at Denver, because things get a lot tougher after their week 9 bye.
5. Giants (4-2) - Just like the Lions, the Giants have not yet entered the tough part of their schedule, almost making this weeks battle with the Dolphins a must-win.
6. Cowboys (3-3) - DeMarco Murray chewed up the Rams' pathetic run defense, and Tony Romo didn't turn the ball over. They'll look to follow that same formula this week in Philadelphia.
7. Bears (4-3) - For the twenty seconds that the denizens of England pulled themselves away from coverage of the Manchester United - Manchester City game and flipped on the American football game, they saw a pretty solid Bears team.
8. Falcons (4-3) - Michael Turner's big season continues, as he led the Falcons to a win in Detroit despite Matt Ryan's two interceptions.
9. Buccaneers (4-3) - Josh Freeman continues to take steps in the wrong direction, this time throwing four interceptions. The fact that Kregg Lumpkin (1.9 yards per carry vs. Bears) is now the feature back doesn't help.
10. Eagles (2-4) - Right out of the gate after their bye week, the Eagles face the Cowboys in what is close to a must-win game. At this point, most games are close to must-win for the Eagles.
11. Panthers (2-5) - Cam Newton is surpassing the hype.
12. Redskins (3-3) - This may come as a surprise to some, but John Beck is not this team's savior.
13. Vikings (1-5) - Christian Ponder had a mixed debut, but there was a lot t0 like. The fact that he had his team in position to beat the NFL's best team in the final minutes was impressive.
14. Seahawks (2-4) - They held the Browns to six points and still lost.
15. Cardinals (1-5) - Kevin Kolb had a nice bounce-back game, but this team just isn't that good.
16. Rams (0-6) - I'm starting to think this isn't their year.